Will this cable do 3D guys?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

Here

http://www.futureshop.co.uk/the-chord-company-hdmi-13a-silver-plus-30m-line-amplified-p-1034.html#.UhiryPF5mSM

D

Deleted member 2457

mr malarky said:
gel said:
Here

http://www.futureshop.co.uk/the-chord-company-hdmi-13a-silver-plus-30m-line-amplified-p-1034.html#.UhiryPF5mSM

I think you need HDMI 1.4 for 3D compatibility.

Thought so, I will try it when the glasses turn up just to see. It is from amp to Blu-ray player right? Cheers.

mr malarky

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
If you're talking about your main system I'm not sure your pioneer receiver will be HDMI 1.4 compatible gel, in which case it wouldn't pass a 3D signal through to your TV

D

Deleted member 2457

mr malarky said:
If you're talking about your main system I'm not sure your pioneer receiver will be HDMI 1.4 compatible gel, in which case it wouldn't pass a 3D signal through to your TV

Yep, main system, so what do I do again? Yep, amp is 1.3, so how do I hook it all up? I have the Oppo 103 in the main system now.

mr malarky

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
gel said:
mr malarky said:

Yep, main system, so what do I do again? Yep, amp is 1.3, so how do I hook it all up? I have the Oppo 103 in the main system now.

I think the oppo 103 has dual HDMI outputs so your ok, you'll just need to run one cable to the receiver for audio and a separate cable to the TV for video only. A 1.3 cable will be fine for the feed into your receiver, only the feed to your TV needs to be 1.4.

D

Deleted member 2457

mr malarky said:
gel said:
mr malarky said:

I think the oppo 103 has dual HDMI outputs so your ok, you'll just need to run one cable to the receiver for audio and a separate cable to the TV for video only. A 1.3 cable will be fine for the feed into your receiver, only the feed to your TV needs to be 1.4.

Yep, Oppo has dual output. So do I need 3 HDMI cables now?
smiley-smile.gif

mr malarky

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
Unless you have other stuff connected to your receiver that you want to pass through to the TV (Xbox or pS3?), in which case you'll need a third cnle from the receiver the TV

D

Deleted member 2457

mr malarky said:
Should just be two cables, one from oppo to pioneer receiver, and a second from oppo to your panasonic.

Yep, that is great. :cheers: I was getting confused there!
smiley-smile.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

mr malarky said:
Unless you have other stuff connected to your receiver that you want to pass through to the TV (Xbox or pS3?), in which case you'll need a third cnle from the receiver the TV

Nope.

mr malarky

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
gel said:
mr malarky said:

Nope.

No sky or virgin media box? Do you just use the freeview tuner in the panny?

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
HDMI 1.3 and 1.4 are no longer accepted cable labelling according to www.hdmi.org (Manufacturers should have stopped using them from January 2012 onwards).

You need 'High Speed' with this official HDMI trademark logo...

Sample_High_Speed_HDMI_Cable.jpg

http://www.hdmi.org/learningcenter/trademark_logo_pub.aspx

I have just noticed your link is to a 30 metre long £660 'amplified' Chord HDMI.

So I guess this was an attempt at starting a 'weekend wind-up' thread unless your Blu-ray really is 30 metres away from the TV :)

D

Deleted member 2457

chebby said:
HDMI 1.3 and 1.4 are no longer accepted cable labelling according to www.hdmi.org (Manufacturers should have stopped using them from January 2012 onwards).

You need 'High Speed' with this official HDMI trademark logo...

Sample_High_Speed_HDMI_Cable.jpg

http://www.hdmi.org/learningcenter/trademark_logo_pub.aspx

I have just noticed your link is to a 30 metre long £660 'amplified' Chord HDMI.

So I guess this was an attempt at starting a 'weekend wind-up' thread unless your Blu-ray really is 30 metres away from the TV :)

smiley-laughing.gif
I have the 1.5 metre one but couldn't find a link to that one.

D

Deleted member 2457

mr malarky said:
gel said:
mr malarky said:

Nope.

At the moment I am not running it through Sky HD. I have the cable to do it, but it is just unplugged and sitting on my stand. I should really plug it back in, I can't quite see where it goes though without moving my stand, which is really heavy!

mr malarky

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
gel said:
mr malarky said:
gel said:
mr malarky said:

Nope.

At the moment I am not running it through Sky HD. I have the cable to do it, but it is just unplugged and sitting on my stand. I should really plug it back in, I can't quite see where it goes though without moving my stand, which is really heavy!

You need to learn the ancient art of reading the PDF manual that shows the rear panel connections, then reaching blind behind your equipment and "finger counting" the connections till you find the right one! :)

AnotherJoe

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
HDMI cables are labelled standard or high speed, and with or without internet.

standard hdmi cable - 720p, 1080i

high speed hdmi - 1080p, deep colour, 4K24

3D is dependant on your equipment - NOT cables (although the above still applies).

3D Broadcast eg SKY 3D requires your amp/tv to be at least HDMI 1.3

3D Blu-ray requires your bd/amp/tv to be HDMI1.4.

(3D blu-ray is possible with HDMI 1.3 kit, if your blu-ray player has 2 hdmi outputs - 1 video to the tv, 1 audio to the amp)

michael hoy

A previously labled 1.3 cable will pass 3D no need for a specific 1.4.

As previously stated now all cables are labled dependant on their speed and whether or not they have ethernet.

Be sure to use the HDMI 1 output for the video and the HDMI 2 for the sound.

D

Deleted member 2457

Okay, I have got everything now and new cable in, Oppo 103 connected and I still can't get 3D! Can anyone help here? Does the Oppo need a firmware upgrade or something? Do I need to do something else? Cheers guys.

michael hoy

gel said:
mr malarky said:

Gel,

If it is this amp - VSX-LX70 I cannot see 3D mentioned in the specs.

You could try running hdmi 1 out on the OPPO direct to your TV and use hdmi 2 out direct to the amp, remember to change the settings in the OPPO to not output sound via hdmi 1 and only sound via hdmi 2.

michael hoy said:
gel said:
mr malarky said:

Gel,

If it is this amp - VSX-LX70 I cannot see 3D mentioned in the specs.

You could try running hdmi 1 out on the OPPO direct to your TV and use hdmi 2 out direct to the amp, remember to change the settings in the OPPO to not output sound via hdmi 1 and only sound via hdmi 2.

Mr malarky has already mentioned this on the previous page, so I'm assuming gel has the connections right. He just needs to instruct the Oppo to split audio & video signal.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts