Will this be the SBT substitute? Or a all new gismo?

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
"Designed by European Americans and hand-built in the USA," it comes with a free white hood for all you good ol' boys to wear whilst pretending that other countries don't exist!

I've never read anything quite so bizarre! Heck, I might just flag my own post as offensive for repeating it, that's an extraordinary thing to put in a product statement!

And if it's so great, why are they having to crowd-fund it? Right now, this is vapourware...

eggontoast

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
The_Lhc said:
"Designed by European Americans and hand-built in the USA," it comes with a free white hood for all you good ol' boys to wear whilst pretending that other countries don't exist!
Funny I didn't take it with the racist slant you did.......

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
eggontoast said:
The_Lhc said:

Well, ignore the hand-built in the USA bit, why on earth would anyone feel the need to specify that a device was not just designed by Americans but "European" Americans? What does "European" even mean in that context? It can only mean one thing, "White Americans", there's no other meaning behind that combination of words in that context.

pgoody

May 3, 2012
Visit site
I think the founders are two german guys who moved to the US.. I postulate that this is what they wanted to imply. They could have (and should have) chosen their words better....

Overdose

Feb 8, 2008
Visit site
The_Lhc said:
eggontoast said:
The_Lhc said:

Well, ignore the hand-built in the USA bit, why on earth would anyone feel the need to specify that a device was not just designed by Americans but "European" Americans? What does "European" even mean in that context? It can only mean one thing, "White Americans", there's no other meaning behind that combination of words in that context.

I got as far as that statement and thought the exact same thing.

Eh?

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
oldric_naubhoff said:
hammill said:
I read it like the LHC. "Designed by European Americans" does not come across well

does "afro americans" come accross any better?

If you mean "African American" then I believe that's an accepted term when race or colour is relevant. My point is colour ISN'T relevant in this case, simply referring to "American engineering" would have been quite sufficient.

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Well and about the new product, any apinions?

What i didn't get is how do you connect it to another amp, and use it only as a player.

If you got a amp with no wireless, do I need a apple airPort?

Overdose

Feb 8, 2008
Visit site
eggontoast said:
The_Lhc said:
My point is colour ISN'T relevant in this case.
They didn't mention colour, you did.

I'm sure there are plenty of Black & Asian people who were born in the vast expanse of the Europen union and class themselves as 'European'.

Ethnicity is definitely implied in the marketing spiel. Again, it should have stopped at American.

Overdose

Feb 8, 2008
Visit site
Hi-FiOutlaw said:
Well and about the new product, any apinions?

What i didn't get is how do you connect it to another amp, and use it only as a player.

If you got a amp with no wireless, do I need a apple airPort?

My opinion is that it is a cumbersome and basic version of the iPod Touch without the techy functionality. It does however, have a large HDD capacity and one would assume some sort of high level amplification if it can be plugged straight into normal speakers. Without the spec though, I'm just guessing.

Future iPod Touch models will no doubt soon include higher capacity SSDs.

daveh75

eggontoast said:
The_Lhc said:

Me neither. Just typically American (at least the ones i know/have met)

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
eggontoast said:
The_Lhc said:
Don't try to be clever, there's simply no requirement for the word "European" to be used in that context, it's the only inference you can draw.

I'm sure there are plenty of Black & Asian people who were born in the vast expanse of the Europen union and class themselves as 'European'.

Of course they do but if they upped sticks and became American citizens (as these Germans apparently have done) they would be classified as African-Americans or Asian-American.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
daveh75 said:
eggontoast said:
The_Lhc said:
"Designed by European Americans and hand
-built in the USA," it comes with a free white hood for all you good ol' boys to wear whilst pretending that other countries don't exist!

Me neither. Just typically American (at least the ones i know/have met)

That's not exactly a glowing endorsement, have you seen how half of them vote? They nearly elected someone who believes in magic underpants...

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
The_Lhc said:
That's not exactly a glowing endorsement, have you seen how half of them vote? They nearly elected someone who believes in magic underpants...
Thanks. I like to start the day with a smile but that achieved the whole guffaw.

eggontoast

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
The_Lhc said:
eggontoast said:
The_Lhc said:

Don't try to be clever, there's simply no requirement for the word "European" to be used in that context, it's the only inference you can draw.

Not trying to be clever, just stating the facts. You was the one who plastered the typical do gooder response on here.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts