Will it be loud enough?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm looking at getting either a sony E370 or E870 for my birthday in the coming weeks but i'm wondering if either are going to be plenty loud enough?
As nice as it would be to go down the separates route i just don't have the spare cash at the moment due to running a seasonal business and it seems an all in one system would be a decent enough start to see if i will use it.
My front room is a perfectly rectangular 25ft x 12ft with a 50'' LG Plasma at one end and me plonked on the sofa at the other, so its a fair old space to fill. Will either of these be capable of doing so?

Cheers

Chewy

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Given the power specs (if they can be relied upon) both units should fill your room to a point - it depends how loud you like it. I wouldn't want to try and get these to run at reference level for any length of time.

Your biggest problem will be seeing your screen from 25ft away!
emotion-3.gif
You'll get very little benefit from HD at that distance. I hope you've got good eye sight!!
emotion-15.gif

A

Anonymous

Sorry, slight typo in my original post. It is 20ft, not 25ft. By the time the TV is a couple of feet away from the back wall and the sofa from the front i am actually viewing from around 15ft, which is absolutely superb.

Probably a daft question but having never had a 5.1 system i'd better ask. Due to the fact i am going to be sitting an awful lot closer to the rear speakers then the fronts would i be right in assuming that there is a calibration system that will take this into account and adjust the volumes accordingly?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts