Will I have problems with the Yamaha RX-V2065?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm setting up a home cinema - TV, Projector, Blue Ray, SKY HD, XBOX etc. Hoping to control all this and lighting via Philips Pronto system

Having spent a lot of time checking out AVRs I noticed the Yamaha RX-V2065 is now only £550 which with it's 2 HDMI (to drive PJ and TV) seems like a no brainer purchase. Alternatives at around that price point all require HDMI splitters.

At the last moment I've noticed that a forum post mentioned it has " Non-assignable digital audio inputs" which one respondee said would cause issues with SKY HD sound (ie require HDMI from SKY to link directly to TV with optical to AVR)

As a bit of a newbie at this, I'm thinking that this limitation may negate one big benefit of the V2065 (ie twin hdmi out to PJ and TV) if I have to split the HDMI from SKY HD to both the PJ and TV.

Am I on the right track or is the above not a problem? Alternative was the Denon AVR-2310 which is £50 more expensive

Paul

A

Anonymous

Sky connection is not a problem with the 2065 --- you can assign the audio optical in to the video HDMI in from the Sky HD box. I have a feeling it was never a problem on the 2065. It was on the lower down models in the X65 range, but that was fixed with a firmware update. If it was a problem with the original 2065, it will have been fixed with a firmware update.

BTW, the 2065 is more on the level of the Denon 3310, rather than the 2310, which at £550 makes it an even better bargain.

Where have you seen it for £550? Most prices i've seen have been £630.

A

Anonymous

For anyone with same query

Under £530 on Hughes Direct - go via amazon for cheapest price. Came next day.

It has addendum sheet inside which explains how to assign inputs for sky (so I assume there may have previously been issues which they have sorted from the early review models)

Cheers

TRENDING THREADS