Will i benefit from connecting stereo power amp to my old av amp?

robolowski

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I moving out to a new flat and i will finally have a oportunity to put all the gear together.At moment my stereo is in one room and home cinema is in lounge.

I have never used preamp or power amp so i need some advise from you.To the point...

I'd like to use my marantz pm8003 as a power amp for my av amp yamaha rx-v359 using my MA RS8 as a front speakers.I also have a kef 2005.2 speakers.Can i use all the kef speakers and MA with my yamaha (5.1)? At the back of yamaha i've got 4 front speakers inputs but i don't know what are they for.I tried to put some cheap speakers through both inputs just to check if it works but it doesn't.Or maybe i am doing something wrong???

If everything i'd like to do is possible can you explain how do i do it?

A

Anonymous

I don't believe your av receiver has pre-outs so I don't think what your trying to do will be possible. In regards to the two pairs of front speaker outputs on the back of the receiver, they are for A B switching. There should be a button on the front of the amp under the display that has the letters A / B.

robolowski

May 12, 2010
Visit site
oh you right!I didn't look into it properly , there's no pre-outs :( So maybe it's a good time for upgrade and in a meantime i am gonna stick to stereo for music.

Regarding A B switch , i knew it was there but i can't figure it out why would you need 2 pairs of fronts and anyway it seems that only one of the pair could be use a time.So why 2 instead of just one?

A

Anonymous

I'm not really sure but i've always imagined it's so that you can run a second set of speakers in a different room if your just listening to something in stereo config. It seems the logical explanation but I could be wrong :S

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts