Will Denon and Marantz support Spotify?

Silverleaf

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if Denon and Marantz will support Spotify on their units eg. Marantz with their NA7004?

Napster, vTune and Rhapsody are quite common, but not Spotify

Regards

A

Anonymous

Hi, I´ve just receive an email from Marantz Spain reseller confirming that all the new units that will be relesead during 2011 summer will support Spotify:

> From: xxxxxx@sarte-audio.com
> To: xxxxxx@hotmail.com
> Subject: Consulta Marantz
> Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 09:54:16 +0200
>
>
> Buenos días Henrique
>
> Muchas gracias por su e-mail.
> Sí que es cierto que Marantz está trabajando en una actualización para
> compatibilizar sus aparatos con Spotify, pero de momento no está claro
> ni cuándo estará disponible ni para qué modelos servirá.
>
> Los modelos nuevos que llegarán después de verano sí que lo llevarán ya
> incorporado, pero precisamente el SR7005 es un modelo que no va a cambiar.
>
> Un saludo
> xxxxxxxxx
ENGLISH VERSION:
Good morning Henrique

Thank you very much for your e-mail.
Yes it is true that Marantz is working on an update to support their devices compatible with Spotify, but so far it is unclearavailable or when or what models will work.

All the new models that will be released after the summer will have it incorporated; but precisely the SR7005 is a model that will not change.

Greetings

A

Anonymous

Andrew, please do not forget to keep us posted regarding Marantz/Denon + Spotify
smiley-laughing.gif

A

Anonymous

Hi Andrew,

Any news about Marantz new devices, specially in what concerns Spotify integration. Will we see a Sr8005 this summer?
smiley-cool.gif

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Andrew is at the Denon and Marantz briefing right now - news will follow; it looks like they're getting info on the Denon products first. You can follow the live news updates on our Twitter feed here

EDIT - Apparantly there's an embargo on some of the news, so you may not get all the info today. Sorry!

A

Anonymous

Its end of August and still no news if Marantz will be Spotify compatible or not.

I am on the verge of buying an AV receiver but for me there are two minimum requirements:

Phono Input (to connect Turntable) and Spotify compatible.

My Shortlist is:

Marantz Sr6006

Onkyo TX-NR709

I really want to buy the Marantz SR6006, but I dont want to do so without knowing if it will support Spotify. Onkyo is my least least favorite because sound quality wise is significant worse (or not as good) as the Marantz.

Does anyone knows if Marantz will Support Spotify? I sent them an email asking this but no reply so far.

Rgds!

Dear Sirs,I am about to buy an AV reciver, the final contenders are:Marantz Sr6006Onkyo TX-NR709Onkyo is Spotify Enabled, what about the Marantz? Can I also use a Spotify account with it?Regards,Henrique

A

Anonymous

After receiving Marantz answer to my Spotify question I will definitly go with Marantz.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good Afternoon,

We have been considering the use of spotify on our products for some time now, but unlike manufacturers who have currently employed spotify, we are not happy to settle for a fairly incomplete interface.

i.e. adding a search facility.

Most users discovered when they bought the alternative manufacturers products that spotify lacked a basic search facility, allowing you to search for tracks, artists etc.

The current solution offers no flexibility at all.

I believe it’s still the case that we are continuing to evaluate the situation, and if it’s the case that Spotify are able to work with us and add a search option –then we may consider using their software.

The better solution is to use an iPhone/iPod Touch or iPad, run the spotify app on the device and just airplay it to the AV receiver – that way you get better options with spotify

I hope this assists,

Thanks

A

Anonymous

Good evening,

I also was waiting for the Marantz with Spotify, but the only competive product on the market - as far as I know - is the Onkyo 9 series (609 / 709 / 809). After reading several reviews about these products, and also comparisons between the new Marantz series and this Onkyo series I didn't find any complain about poorer audio quality of Onkyo compared to Marantz. As both brands are using Class-D amplifiers nowadays, I think the audio quality difference between these 2 brands - if you still can measure this, mainly is *between the ears*.

So I decided to buy the Onkyo TX-NR709. With Spotify and with search function in Spotify! And yes, it really is a GREAT product. Such a fantastic user interface!

I agree with Marantz that searching is a major issue, but as I don't want to use my smartphone or tablet for this function the way forward definitely is integrating these complicated features in the receiver. And how to control these functions? Onkyo already has understood this: they have developed a smartphone app. Not only for the Apple platform, but as well for Android. It is a pity this app still doesn't support Spotify. I guess this will take some time, but I already have tested the first app with Spotify support. Still not working great, but the way I use it today is doing the search & create the playlists on my smartphone using Spotify itself. After I have done this, I start Spotify on my Onkyo using the remote control. And after some time some great app will appear on the market which supports Spotify as you would like to see it, and after some more time you are able to control all your AV devices with an app on your smartphone or tablet.

A

Anonymous

I find using the app on the iPhone and AirPlay-ing it straight to the unit works best to me.. it offers the best flexibility and takes advantage of the fantastic interface provided by the spotify app... also its nice and easy to swich between spotify and itunes etc. with just a couple of taps.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts