Will Blu-ray make a difference with a 1080i Telly?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I own a Panasonic 1080i telly and would like to know if I'd see a noticeable difference in quality if I ventured into the blu-ray market. I have a large collection of standard DVDs, but would obviously start a blu-ray collection if I made the purchase. I'm thinking of a Panny model as they seem to do well in the tests and combine nicely with my TV. Would it be worth the investment? I've had conflicting advice from different salespeople, so some objective advice would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks!

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
As I say, it really depends on how far you sit from the TV as to how much difference it will make. However, unless you're more than 3 metres away, I'd surprised if you couldn't see some difference between DVD and Blu-ray, though obviously whether this difference is worth the money is a completely subjective opinion and not something someone else can tell you.

One thing I would say is, you do tend to "get used to" HD. Although I've mellowed from my earlier stance (I do now watch DVDs again!), I still much prefer the extra clarity HD brings over upscaled SD.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
My 40" TV is only 1080i/720p too and I can see a difference between DVD & BD. Some films more than others but that'd be the same with a full HD TV.

A

Anonymous

Many thanks guys. Based on your feedback, I reckon it is worth me investing £150ish on a Blu-ray player for that extra bit of quality playback. And of course there are also those tasty extras to consider when you hook it up to the net!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts