Will a subwoofer help? Tannoy TS10 Any Good?

Loczki

Aug 20, 2007
Visit site
I currently have a pair of Tannoy Fusion (Mercury) 4 floor standers. Powered by an NAD 2200 AMP and although they do offer quite good bass, it is not amazing (Although downstairs others would beg to differ). I was thinking about getting a subwoofer for around 200 pounds-and the Tannoy TS10 caught my eye...300 Watt RMS (apparently). Is it any good and is it even worth investing in a subwoofer? The other one i was looking at due to its barrage of awards from what hi fi is the WHARFEDALE DIAMOND SW150. Any suggestions will be greatly apprectiated.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Adding a subwoofer to your hi-fi system will indeed make a difference - they're not just designed for home cinema duties. The Wharfedale SW150 has long been one of our favourites, and here's why:

"Whether you want a subwoofer to reinforce the bass on your stereo hi-fi, or even as part of a surround speaker package for your home cinema, the SW150 will fit the bill perfectly. It's the sheer depth of its talent that makes the SW150 such a star performer."

The Wharfedale's a great buy, and won't disappoint.

A

Anonymous

Hello !
I have a quite similar problem, connecting one sub to two raftspeakers and an amp.
The sub is BRW10, the speakers are BR1s, and the amp is NAD 325. Well this could be a killer combination for the money, unfortunately the damn Brw10 sub only have inputs from the amp's pre-outs (LIne in RCA, Left and Right), but no outputs for the speakers, so I can't connect them too, but I 'm not able letting them connected to the amp either, because without the links between pre-outs and main in , I have no audio signal for the speakers. Surprisingly, the sub manual specifies that the only connection of the sub with the amp is by using the pre-outs and the Line Level of the sub, but fails to tell anything about what to do with the speakers. Do they assume that I only use the sub for listening ?
Another way suggested by some friends would be to directly connect the sub with the pre-outs of the audiocard (it's an ESI Maya, so I have 4 outs). But I can use for that a cable Twin RCA- Jack 6.3 mm (Maya have those big jack outs) ?

Thanx !

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts