Wii component cable Yamaha DSP-AX763

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
As mentioned in an earlier thread have seen the above mentioned receiver at RS for an unbelievable £289.95.

My twin daughters are both in Royal Ballet School and we are off to Manchester in the morning, while they are dancing i'm of to the RS branch in Stockport to try and bag one of them.

In advance of a succesful dawn raid where on earth would i connect the component cable for the Wii.

I have Pana Bd35 Blue Ray, Virgin+, so that's the HDMI's taken care of, had a look online at the Yamaha user guide, and I am left unable to choose where the Wii would fit in.

I have it connected to my Component connects direct to my Pana PZ80, would the Wii be better off connected this way or through the receiver?

Mnay Thanks

Leahandanna

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Just had a look at the 763 manual and it will allow you to send video from the component in to the HDMI out, so you can hook it up to your amp if you so wish. The advantage is, you can send the Wii audio to the amp as well and set it up so when you switch to whichever input you've assigned the Wii to, you'll automatically get sound from the speakers and the correct video on the TV with one button press.
To do this, you need to switch Video Conversion on (page 80 of the manual).

A

Anonymous

Many thanks Prof,

That sounds great, wanted sound through the surround speakers if possible, so pleased with your reply.

Leahandanna

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
No worries, remember that component doesn't carry audio though, only video. I'm not au fait with the Wii but I'm guessing it either has a stereo / optical output on the back of the console for sound, or the Wii component cable itself also has red and white RCA connections for sound on it (along with the red, green and blue connections for the video signal). Either way, these will need to be plugged into one of the inputs for audio to work.

A

Anonymous

Spot on, the Nintendo's Wii component cable has the red/white RCA connections as well as the video connections.

Thanks again, off to bed early start and all !!!!!!!!!

Leahandanna

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts