wifi or bluetooth for vintage setup

Burnz0

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi All. I have a vintage receiver and speakers wired in two different rooms and am currently having to go back and forth to the living room to change tracks which is less than ideal when i'm sitting out in the garden as it is that much further away. Looking on google there seems to be some talk of bluetooth/wireless solutions available but im yet to see anything that either doesn't cost a lot or doesn't require messing around with wiring. Does anyone know of a cheap and reasonable solution? Im not too fussed about the quality of sound as if im listening in the garden then a lot of the quality of the speakers is lost already. Ideally I'd like something that other people with iphones can tap into - im guessing i'd just need a wireless reciever at the receiver end? - and maybe something i can plug an ipod into? On the recommendation of the good folk here i purchased a Pure (something?) to attach my ipod to for better quality sound than coming straight from the headphone jack and so having spent a reasonable sum on that i'd prefer to do this on the cheap.

Any thoughts appreciated?

tino

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Which iPod do you have? This might help other forum members specify a neat solution. If you have an iPod Classic with a 30pin connector you can use a Creative Audio bluetooth apt-x 30pin bluetooth transmitter (£40) and a suitable aptx Bluetooth receiver plugged into your receiver (many companies do them from between £25-£50). This means you can take your iPod with you into the garden, or anyone can stream from their phone via Bluetooth. Another option is to get one of the latest portable battery powered Bluetooth speakers and take that into the garden with you - that way you don't need the stereo at all.

TRENDING THREADS