Wich budget amplifier is the best for my JVC wood cone speaker set?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Im interested wich amplifier would better fit my JVC wood cone speaker set (SX serie).
At this moment im looking at -
Cambridge Audio Azur 540A V2.0
or
Marantz PM6002
Maybe there is something better for this speaker set? My budget is ~400£
I was listening to vincent tube amplifier(t.a.c.) one day and it sounded very well in my opinion.
Since they have some budget tube amps I was interested why there is no reviews about them. Maybe someone can advise me about them. And if there is any good budget tube amp please speak up.

A

Anonymous

not firmiliar with jvc making hifi tbh. Wood pulp cones tend to have high harmonic distaughtion though so a damp amp might be a good idea. Being small cones there probably fast so again would tighten a damp amp, which they usually need.

Sad to say ive never heard valve kit, but i presume its laid back and warm. The somewhat dampened sound im expecting the wood cones to be happy with. All of this leads me towards arcam.

Hopefully someone that knows what there talking about will answer. You speakers are not so large as to make taking them to the demo rooms impossible though.

A

Anonymous

Nice speakers they are - JVC do make some excellent, under-rated products! Try the Rotel RA-04 though, it's a very nice amp.

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
friendly1_uk:Wood pulp cones tend to have high harmonic distaughtion though so a damp amp might be a good idea.

Ah, I think these are actually solid wood cones rather than wood pulp! Interesting - but I'm with the boy Hughesy here - the Rotel 04 is a cracking amp.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts