Why does Running up that hill sound so good?

D

Deleted member 108165

Because it's Kate... only Kate can do music like this. Personally I prefer the studio version.

Reactions: Fred_Barker

Fred_Barker

Feb 17, 2013
Okay I love Kate Bush,

Does anyone know why this track sounds so amazing to me? Is it the beat, the live music, the tone/samples? Love it.
Different effects from different tunes for different people.
Dopamine activity stimulation, if you really want to know, have a PET scan!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 108165

Somehow I'd never heard that before. Awesome song!
Good god man where have you been? Kate's brilliant, the hits collection The Whole Story is well worth a listen.

Tinman1952

May 19, 2021
I remember seeing a TV programme about the legendary record producer Mickie Most in the mid seventies. He was showing the camera round his offices and in one small room was a 17 year old Kate Bush working on something at the piano. He said she was so good she could release a hit single immediately but rather he wanted her to spend a few years honing her song writing skills....
What a wise man..... 🙂

WayneKerr

Jan 21, 2022
Last night listened Kate's first album 'The Kick Inside'. Fantastic sounding and a wonderful album overall.

She is possibly my fav vocalist.
She is definitely one of my favourites along with the likes of Donna, Whitney, Gladys, Randy, etc., but the one who takes the crown for me is Karen Carpenter.

Longest gaps between No1s - from Delayed Gratification:

Cher - I got you Babe to Shoop Shoop Song - 25y, 7m, 26d.
The Righteous Brothers - You've Lost that Lovin' Feeling to Unchained Melody - 25y, 8m, 17d.
Leo Sayer - When I Need You to Thunder in My Heart Again - 28y, 11m, 13d.
Tom Jones - Green, Green Grass to Islands in the Stream - 42y, 2m, 3d.
Kate Bush - Wuthering Heights to Running up that Hill - 44y, 2m, 22d.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts