WHSV team...RE: Marantz hifi system (group test)

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
HI

After reading an old WHSV issue (jan2008) I have pretty much set my heart on the marantz 6002 combination with the MS902i speakers that you gave 5 stars.

The exciting and controlled sound you described it as having has sold it to me...and mrs mali loves the looks (thank god)

My question is regarding cables and interconnects. would a different choice in speaker cable and interconnect make much of a difference in overall presentation? My budget will not stretch to the Atlas Equator.

My budget would be stretched by QED's entry level stuff.

Is the QED a good system match, or could you possibly recomend another alternative?

regards mali

A

Anonymous

i would recommend Gotham IC's available from ebayfor a tenner. for the price you will not find a better cable and it will outperform many more expensive cables!

A

Anonymous

couple of the chord ones may work well with that i think you can pick up a crimson for 30 sheets, as for the speakers try the tannoy f1's(90) or wharfedale 9.1's (130)before devoting to the mordaunts, dont forget to put them on some sturdy stands!

A

Anonymous

Thanks, any more info on the Gotham cables, i cant find them at all

A

Anonymous

Many thanks

Im in the uk so should be able to obtain one easy enough

mali

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
JohnDuncan:Having been stuck listening to the 901i's yesterday (admittedly on the end of a Sony receiver), I have to concur that you should try the Diamonds and Tannoys as well.......

You said it with the "admittedly on the end of a Sony receiver"... I used a slightly upgraded version of the 902 (The 902signature) for years on the end of my Arcam A80, and never once felt the need to change. And in fact when I did upgrade speakers, I tried the B&W 685 and if they had all that was available, I wouldn't have changed, as they offered little improvement to that system.

I am currently running some Gale gold monitors! from my Lyngdorf Amp (experimenting with speaker switch), and they sound fantastic.

The same can't be said running my Dalis from the amp section of a Denon UDM31...bloody awful.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts