Whos pre-ordered the ps4 ?

LOST

Nov 26, 2007
Visit site
Anyone hoping to get theres before christmas ? Ive pre ordered but mine will be on the second batch apparently so should be before christams rather then on release date . I wonder what quality the blu ray player will be compared with a stand alone sony b/r player , or what you reckon it could be similar with , the 790?

D

Deleted member 2457

People rate the PS3 Blu-ray player quite high. I saw a big difference going to my Pioneer 71 though. I would say there must be a good possibility that it might be better. Hopefully reviews will cover that area. I have seen quite a few good deals on the PS4 and have promised delivery before Xmas:

http://www.game.co.uk/en/PlayStation+4+Console-249500?cm_vc=Prod_1

Guaranteed before Xmas.

LOST

Nov 26, 2007
Visit site
I currently have the original fat ps3 which i mainly use for blu rays and it does the job . Ive also pre ordered ps4 online with game so should get it before chrimbo , just wondered if the blu ray quality will be similar to the well rated stand alone 790 sony player but time will tell !

mr malarky

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
LOST said:
Anyone hoping to get theres before christmas ? Ive pre ordered but mine will be on the second batch apparently so should be before christams rather then on release date . I wonder what quality the blu ray player will be compared with a stand alone sony b/r player , or what you reckon it could be similar with , the 790?

Just preordered mine. The latest news of more games only running at 720p on the xbox finally swung it for me (will keep my 360 though, for the odd bit if halo nostalgia).

Amazon are saying its sold out for launch day but are promising "delivery before Christmas" so watch this space I guess.

LOST said:
I currently have the original fat ps3 which i mainly use for blu rays and it does the job . Ive also pre ordered ps4 online with game so should get it before chrimbo , just wondered if the blu ray quality will be similar to the well rated stand alone 790 sony player but time will tell !

For blu ray 1080p/24Hz pictures, I haven't found any difference between players at different price points, including the PS3. Check AV forums reviews of every blu ray player they test. In fact, PS3/PS4 benefits from a far superior processor than traditional blu ray players, as it's designed for gaming. The main issue I had with the PS3 was fan noise, necessitating me to buy a standalone player.

carter

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Orderd from amazon in June ,to be delivered on the 29th :)

saw one running in game at blue water today,looked pretty good

still haven't decided on a game yet,was all set to go for the watch dogs bundle before the delay.

will probably go for creed4

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Yeah, I went for Killzone when I had to choose a few weeks back after Watch Dogs was delayed, but Assasin's Creed 4 does look good, so I may put that on the Christmas list. Really looking forward to Octodad - just love the idea!

mykspence

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I pre ordered back in May, but as Drive has been delayed until 2014 it'll probably go on eBay so someone who wants one on launch day can have it.

D

Deleted member 2457

http://www.whathifi.com/news/ps4-wont-play-3d-blu-rays-–-support-promised-for-cd-mp3

macdiddy

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Hi gel

Just read that article, bit annoyed but I won't be cancelling my pre-order as I remember when I got my PS3 (the old fat type) on launch date it couldn't play blu-rays that well, films kept freezing at random points and needed a restart of the machine, It wasn't until the first update came along that it managed to play a whole film with out any problems.

Watched a live feed from IGN on youtube last night showing some of the major games available on release day and was very impressed.

Happy gaming to everyone. :)

D

Deleted member 2457

macdiddy said:
Hi gel

Just read that article, bit annoyed but I won't be cancelling my pre-order as I remember when I got my PS3 (the old fat type) on launch date it couldn't play blu-rays that well, films kept freezing at random points and needed a restart of the machine, It wasn't until the first update came along that it managed to play a whole film with out any problems.

Watched a live feed from IGN on youtube last night showing some of the major games available on release day and was very impressed.

Happy gaming to everyone. :)

Hi

Yep, I still see people ordering them, but perhaps have to have a 3D Blu-ray player too.

AnotherJoe

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
From the initial reviews the PS4 seems very fast, and quiet and even games like COD you can start playing after 2mins while the install completes in the background.

All the big games (BF4, COD, AC4) run well on the PS4 at 1080p with no graphical problems - it'll be interesting to see how the Xbox One compares given the problems that have been reported.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
macdiddy said:

Yes, watched it as well (much to the wife's disdain). I am a bit like a child at Christmas now, waiting for the 29th to roll round!

mr malarky

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
professorhat said:
macdiddy said:

Yes, watched it as well (much to the wife's disdain). I am a bit like a child at Christmas now, waiting for the 29th to roll round!

Just amended my pre-order for the bundle with KillZone - think I'm going to go all 'Spinal Tap' when it arrives and turn the volume up to 11! :)

D

Deleted member 2457

professorhat said:
gel said:
Yep, I still see people ordering them, but perhaps have to have a 3D Blu-ray player too.

Or not :)

Yep, you are in a good position. Imagine if you wanted a 3D projector though, I am not sure if your Marantz covers 3D? I see it causing some problems for people.

D

Deleted member 2457

http://direct.asda.com/PlayStation-4-500GB-Console---Day-One-Delivery/003724183,default,pd.html?awc=2925_1384537732_e3c7920e294cd106a7bfdd4ec995a404&cmpid=afc-_-geor-_-awin-_-115411-_-generic&cm_mmc=geor-aff-_-awin-_-Tablet%20Geek-_-115411&awc=2786_1384542755_f26484c8d67912c32017e7b8249cf831

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts