Whole new system! - Sub 1000£

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all, I live in Denmark... You got the facts now - So here comes the question(s) then! [:D]

I have decided to get some "serious" Hifi equipment, for a room that's 16 square meter big...
-------------------------------------------------------
I have decided it to put a budget at sub 1000£ - But of cause i will pay a bit more for something much better [;)]
Since i'm making a whole new Stereo system i will need the following: 2xSpeakers, Integrated Amp, Cd-player or DAC and stands.

I have been looking at the following speakers:
- Eb Acoustics EB1
- Eb Acoustics EB2
- B&W 685
- Monitor Audio RX1
- Dynaudio DM 2/6
- Dynaudio DM 2/7
- And as a little outsider: AVI ADM9.1

I don't have the chance of hearing any of them, so i'll have to believe what you tell me... Which speaker is the best?

--------------------------------------------------------

For amp, cd/dac and stands i simply don't know. You'll have to suggest me something within the budget.

And a final )tricky) question:

Which would sound best???:
Nad C316Bee amp + EB Acoustics EB1
OR
Nad C316Bee amp + EB Acoustics EB2

Thx in advance!![:D]

A

Anonymous

Hi there,

for me I would go a bit over budget and try the AVI 2.1 subwoofer and Neutron 5 speakers.@ £1299

built in DAC,,,,run your digital files/ streamed music straight in.

D

A

Anonymous

Hi,

For this money I recently got:

NAD C326BEE + NAD C515BEE

Cambridge Audio DACMagic

B&W 685

I already had speaker stands and a subwoofer. I found this is a very nice combo for a small and medium size room. The subwoofer is optional considering the good bass delivery of this setup. On top of that budget I fitted acoustic treatment to the room: it makes a massive difference.

I chose NAD electronics for their dynamics, and bass restitution.

I chose CA Dacmagic for its overall excellent reviews and extensive connectivity options.

I had home-demoed the Dynaudio speakers, what I found is I had bass problems with these. The sound was superb, but the DM 2/7 bass was overpowering and boomy, and with the smaller DM 2/6 it was okay but I could hear the bass coming from the rear/reflecting, and did not mix that great to the direct sound. My room is a tad smaller then yours though, and my listening distance is only 5 feet. The speakers are about 40cm from the walls, they need more. It might also be the combination with my NADs that was less suitable, I cannot tell exactly.

Overall I chose the 685 as I found them being better allrounders for my room, music and electromics, and allow easier placement.

Chokobolt

Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
Hi RealGekko ;)

Maybe you should pay a visit to Hi-Fi klubben? There are lots of B&W and Dali speakers to demo. Hi-Fi klubben

Just find one of the stores that's closest to you and check it out
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

Here's some my favourite artists:

Bon Jovi, Dire Straits, Clapton, Hendrix, James Brown, U2, Prince,
Stevie Ray Vaughan, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Tracy Chapman, Lady Gaga, Michael Jackson, Kanye West og Black Eyed Peas.

I listen to almost everything except of classic (Mozart, Beethoven etc.) and Heavy metal
emotion-1.gif

-----------------------------------------

Maybe i should ask the question in a simpler way:

What is the best sound system for around 1000£?

(By sound system i mean speakers+amp+cd player/dac. - stands shouldn't be counted)

I know it's individual, but then give me >YOUR< opinion/suggestion
emotion-2.gif

matthewpiano

Cambridge Audio DacMagic + Cambridge Audio 650A + Mordaunt-Short Mezzo 2

Arcam R-DAC + Arcam DiVA A85 (used) + Monitor Audio RS6 (used)

Add a decent used CD player as a transport to either of these systems and you'll have great sound and flexibility.

T

the record spot

If you're looking at Actives, then add the Genelec 8030A or the 8040As to your list. Both are simply brilliant for the money. You need to add a source but the performance is way over and above what you'd expect just by looking at them. Heard them this year and damn near fell over with how good they are. The 8030A is in your budget, the 8040 a little over, but if you're looking at the ADM9.1s....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts