• If you ever spot Spam (either in the forums, or received via forum direct message) please use the Report button at the bottom of each post to make sure a Moderator can handle it quickly. Thanks for your help in keeping things running smoothly!

Who is annoyed at Apple for slowing its phones? What about Macs etc?

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
I intend to buy a 128GB 9.7” iPad soon. I base this decision on my trouble-free experiences with an iPad Mini 3 and 128GB iPhone 6 and 7 models. (And a Mac Mini.)

My pleasure with these machines is not fashionable and will even anger some people. I will be accused of being a sheep and/or an idiot. So be it.

I can can only base such purchases on my own experiences which have all been good and a lot of fun.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Slowing down older phones is apparently part of the power-management functionality as the li-ion batteries start to lose their strength. But details like that don't make much of a news story for the haters to latch onto. What we should be able to do is replace the battery, but since when did any mainstream tech manufacturer want us to continue using old kit when they've got shiny new stuff for us to buy?

nick8858

Aug 8, 2011
MajorFubar said:
Slowing down older phones is apparently part of the power-management functionality as the li-ion batteries start to lose their strength. But details like that don't make much of a news story for the haters to latch onto. What we should be able to do is replace the battery, but since when did any mainstream tech manufacturer want us to continue using old kit when they've got shiny new stuff for us to buy?
Yep. Phones with user replaceable batteries are becoming likes hens teeth. Pity.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts