Who are your top five best bands or singers?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

Here is mine in order:

1. Guns N Roses

2. My Chemical Romance

3. Iron Maiden

4. Metallica

5. AC/DC.

How about you?

Cheers [Y]

AL13N

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
Far too many good musicians, past and present, to choose from. A band and solo acts I'm enjoying right now though...

Band - The White Stripes

Solo - Gonjasufi

Rokia Traor‚

A

Anonymous

hmmm, thats a tough one, i could pick many really, but ill run with these for now...

r.e.m

u2

guns n roses

blur

oasis

might have 5 more tmw
emotion-11.gif

JamesOK

May 24, 2008
Visit site
This is hard, but er, I'll give it a go. In no particular order, and based on those I listened to and loved for longest:

1. Smashing pumpkins

2. Brian Wilson

3. Elbow

4. Nirvana

5. Hot Chip

Actually this list will probably change by tomorrow.

A

Anonymous

1. Kraftwerk

2. Sigur Ros

3. The Small Faces

4. Primal Scream

5. Radiohead

A

Anonymous

sinatra

brian wilson

Thom Yorke

Richard James

William Bevan

A

Anonymous

My Bloody Valentine

Pixies

Sonic Youth

Mogwai

Tindersticks

carter

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Gerrardasnails:nodnarb4444:forgot blur and come to think of it ocean colour scene probably get in there to
emotion-7.gif
You are a Mod at heart!yep 10 years ago it was 80% of my music,these days i listen to loads of diferant stuff and all mod/britpop stuff gets alot less airplay but when puttig a list together thay still get the nod even on nostalgia

the problem with these lists is once you have done yours you look at others and see bands like the arctics and think oh yeah forgot about them

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
nodnarb4444:
Gerrardasnails:nodnarb4444:forgot blur and come to think of it ocean colour scene probably get in there to
emotion-7.gif
You are a Mod at heart!yep 10 years ago it was 80% of my music,these days i listen to loads of diferant stuff and all mod/britpop stuff gets alot less airplay but when puttig a list together thay still get the nod even on nostalgia

the problem with these lists is once you have done yours you look at others and see bands like the arctics and think oh yeah forgot about them

I agree mate. I loved Ocean Colour Scene but when do they ever write? I think they're still going but I've not heard any new material in years. Also, loved Oasis back on the day - have all their albums but never play them. I think you grow older, listen to a broader selection and your tastes change. The greats stay great though. I've been listening this week to Led Zep, Pink Floyd and The Beatles. I'm far more in to vocals and R n B now.

A

Anonymous

It changes as my mood changes but off the top of my head 5 artists:

Big Country

Rush

Sonic Youth

New Model Army

Our Lady Peace

Big Country will always be there somewhere everything will probably be different tomorrow.

JamesOK

May 24, 2008
Visit site
NSYGrinner:
Big Country will always be there somewhere everything will probably be different tomorrow.

Same as me with Smashing Pumpkins (and probably Oasis too). Not necessarily the best music, but the stuff I grew up on.

A

Anonymous

Too many artists I love but if I had to list a top 5.....

1)Dennis Wilson or Brian Wilson

2)Bue Nile

3)Paul Rodgers (ex free/Bad company)

4)Iggy Pop

5)Led Zeppelin

A

Anonymous

Tough one but the artists/bands I keep coming back to are...

1. James Taylor

2. John Martyn (very much missed...RIP)

3. Blue Nile or anything featuring Paul Buchanan

4. Radiohead

5. Elbow

Fairly mainstream I know but what can I say...?!

mickeyjoef

Sep 10, 2008
Visit site
I could pick far more, but as we are limited to five, it's...

The Beatles

Bob Dylan

Mostly Autumn

R.E.M

Yes

These are the five artists whose albums I would rescue first, in the event of a house fire. After Mrs F, our 17 pets, and the insurance docs.

Mike.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts