Which TV should I buy?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I'm looking to take the plunge and and go Plasma/LCD but not sure which telly to buy. As a family the TV will be used for watching movies, general TV and playing PS3 and the Wii on. I'm looking for a TV of about 40".

I'm very keen on the Pioneer PDP-4280XD and Sony's KDL 40W4000 but I'm unsure which would be the best for me? Or are there any others better about to appear on our shelves?

Any help/advise would be greatly appreciated.
emotion-21.gif

Many thanks Gary Sims

A

Anonymous

Either one of the 2 sets above would be an excellent choice. Personally, I would go for the Pioneer over the Sony. I think it's worth taking the plunge now as new sets appear all the time and you can wait and wait and wait... New Sony X series on the way but that would also cost more.

A

Anonymous

I am also looking to buy either a panasonic 42 80b or the sony kdl40w4000, i can get the panasonic for 700 or the sony for 850. any recomendations???

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the advise, the Pioneer was my first choice until I see the Sony in last months WhatHiFi, guess I should stop waiting. Cheers

A

Anonymous

please anyone, im in a pickle.......a pickle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A

Anonymous

the panasonic th42px80b is only £639 at Currys & Comet at the mo - about £200 less than the Sony kdl40w4000, and to my eye seems to be a similar picture quality. I know the WHF team did a test between the panny 37px80b and the sony 40w4000, and narrowly said the sony had teh edge but that the extra 3 inches really helped. So I'd guess the th42px80b may even trump the 40w4000 in a test as size matters! Personal choice at the end of the day (as everyone says!) but I've been facing similar decision, and finally decided on the 42px80b from panansonic rather than fork out the extra for the sony 40w4000. I did look at the cheaper sony kdl40v4000, but didn't think it looked as good for SD pictures as the panny on the more expensive sony 40w4000

hope that helps!

A

Anonymous

Thank you very much my friend. would you please let me know how the panasonic is when you receive it?

A

Anonymous

Would there be much difference between the Panasonic 42px range and the 42pz am thinking about the 42pz range but they have the 80,81,82 and 85 models out, why so many different ones?whats the best

A

Anonymous

sorry i forgot to mention i was also looking at the pz80b not the px, im stuck between the panasonic or sony. Swampydrill i belive the pz series is new set of series, and the 80 model is the at the bottom of the range but has everything on it including 1080p 100hz 24fp.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts