Which TV for approx ££800

emptage

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I am looking for a replacement for my old CRT and have around £800 to spend but dont have to spend all that. I want a 40 /42" screen. 3D is not required. It will mainly be used for watching sport and wildlife documentaries. I do not have sky and it won't be used for gaming. Internet capability is a must and wifi would be really good. It wil not be wall mounted. Built in freeview / freesat would be an advantage I would like to have it for the start of the euro championships in June but definitely for the olympic games in August. I was thinking of going for a plasma as these seem to be better for sport and had the Panasonic GT30 in mind as it seems there is now a resolution of the green blob issue. If it was an LCD then I was thinking of a Sony. So the questions are

LED or Plasma ?
Buy now or wait for new models to come which will be more expensive
Which model ?

Any views ?

relocated

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Plasma.

You never know on prices. They are very low at the moment but the economic outlook is so poor that price increases seem unlikely. You could wait and see if new models are better connected, Panasonic portal is pretty rank so hopefully a full web browser will be in new models.

For me I would get the GT30 now, to run the panel in and enjoy first rate optics now, I can't see any dramatic vision improvements before OLED takes over some time in the not soon future.

Happy hunting.

relocated

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
My other view is that you could go for the ST30. My friend has just purchased the 50 inch version that I helped him put on the wall and set up and straight out of the box performed beautifully. He spent less than your budget with 2 pairs of 3d glasses( just in case you get the urge later) for the 50 inch model and with bezels so small now it really does not look larger than many 40/42 inch jobs.

Sorry you haven't had much response.

:?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts