Which Sub would be good??

festing11

Apr 6, 2009
Visit site
Just ordered some Monitor Audio Radius HD's, 4xR90 and 1x R180. Going to use my existing sub at the moment as can't afford the full package right now.

I know there are lots of Monitor Audio owners on this forum so would be interested to know opinions on what would be a good sub woofer to partner these speakers. Viewing area is about 3x3.5m so don't need ear bleeding base but want to know its there!

Thanks for your views in advance.

A

Anonymous

It depends on your budget, but I am currently running a B&W610, that cost £349, with my current setup 3 x R250HDs (soon to be replaced by MA apex, but that's another story) my room is 3.6 x 6.2 and it more than fills the room, and has excellent timing.

Failing that you may still be able to get your hands on a RSW12, but it all depends on your time scale.

Ronald Archiebald

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Festing11,

IMO, the MA Radius370HD would be the perfect companion for your R90HD/R180HD speaker package.

Incidentally, there is one available on E-Bay that you might want to consider.

Ronald

A

Anonymous

I got it from Audio-T, I get a good discount and excellent service from there, but I do change my kit quiet often.

Nolia

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
I have a RSw12 and it's phenomenal. Got mine from Audio T as well. Finding one is going to be difficult as it's discontinued. Maybe the RXw12

festing11:

Just ordered some Monitor Audio Radius HD's, 4xR90 and 1x R180. Going to use my existing sub at the moment as can't afford the full package right now.

I know there are lots of Monitor Audio owners on this forum so would be interested to know opinions on what would be a good sub woofer to partner these speakers. Viewing area is about 3x3.5m so don't need ear bleeding base but want to know its there!

Thanks for your views in advance.

What's your budget? Look at R370HD, or better still, BXW10.

There are some good deals on ebay for RSW12.

festing11

Apr 6, 2009
Visit site
Do you all reckon its better to stick to the same manufactuer for the sub and speakers?

I know its best to audition if you can but this isn't possible all the time.

A

Anonymous

It's not necessary to keep the same manufacturer for the sub as the sats, unless you will be looking to sell it on in as a set in the near future.

For the money the B&W610 is a better sub than the R370HD, have a look at the reviews and if possible have a listen for yourself.

A

Anonymous

Check out the BK Electronics range fantastic value subs which should be double the price than they actually are!

ric71

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I sold my R370 HD when I had my Radius system. Not the best for the £. Try MJ Acoustics or as mentioned BK.
Great subs!!!

A

Anonymous

Ronald Archiebald:
Festing11,

IMO, the MA Radius370HD would be the perfect companion for your R90HD/R180HD speaker package.

Incidentally, there is one available on E-Bay that you might want to consider.

Ronald

+1 for the 370HD

A

Anonymous

I've got R270HD Fronts, R250HD Centre and R90Hd Rears.

I went for the BK XXLS400 DF in gloss white. Looks amazing and sounds even better :)

Came in at just under £500 delivered.

A

Anonymous

festing11:
Markjaspi, what are you going to be doing with your B&W sub when you get your apex's?

Are you getting a new sub as well?

No I'm just replacing the front 3 as I have RXFX at the rear. It's only about 4 months old and is perfect for my room, the sub and my sky HD box, and maybe the Apex when they arrive are the only pieces of kit that will be a permanent fixture in my AV system, I may even add another on eventually.

festing11

Apr 6, 2009
Visit site
Will try and arrange a demo of the B&W 610, MA RadiusHD 370 and maybe a REL T something. Had a look at the Bk offerings and like the look of the XLS range but not sure which one to try and demo.

A

Anonymous

festing11:Had a look at the Bk offerings and like the look of the XLS range but not sure which one to try and demo.

Im afraid you cant demo the BK range. Good subs though.

festing11

Apr 6, 2009
Visit site
Chrissy657 Notice you've got a XLS200, whats your opinion of it? How big is your viewing area and does it fill it nicely. Not looking for earth shattering base, something that is seamless really.

A

Anonymous

festing11:Chrissy657 Notice you've got a XLS200, whats your opinion of it? How big is your viewing area and does it fill it nicely. Not looking for earth shattering base, something that is seamless really.

My room is 5m x 3m and i love my XLS200 although i have nothing to compare it to. It fills my room well, i have it turned down to around a quarter unless im useing it during the day when it goes upto half. Even then it has more left in the tank. I have the down fireing version and it looks a smart bit of kit, even the wife likes it! I live in a terreced house though with quite thin walls so i dont think im getting the best out of it most of the time but hopefully moving this year .

But yeah i would recomend it.

A

Anonymous

chrissy657:
festing11:Chrissy657 Notice you've got a XLS200, whats your opinion of it? How big is your viewing area and does it fill it nicely. Not looking for earth shattering base, something that is seamless really.

My room is 5m x 3m and i love my XLS200 although i have nothing to compare it to. It fills my room well, i have it turned down to around a quarter unless im useing it during the day when it goes upto half. Even then it has more left in the tank. I have the down fireing version and it looks a smart bit of kit, even the wife likes it! I live in a terreced house though with quite thin walls so i dont think im getting the best out of it most of the time but hopefully moving this year .

But yeah i would recomend it.

Second that i have a 5m x4m room and my BK is bloody amazing for the money!

festing11

Apr 6, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the replies, very useful. The downward firing subs you two have got, are they onto a carpeted floor? Do you have anything under them?

festing11

Apr 6, 2009
Visit site
Oh and also do you have them connected with a sub lead to the low level inputs and or the high level one?? Bit confused on that point...

A

Anonymous

festing11:Thanks for the replies, very useful. The downward firing subs you two have got, are they onto a carpeted floor? Do you have anything under them?

Mines on carpet. Funny enough i nearly bought one of those subdudes today as ive heard good reports about them. Ended up being good to my wallet for a change, although how long for i dont know!!!

A

Anonymous

festing11:Budget will be max of £500.00 but hopefully less if there is a deal going on something good!

I think Sevenoaks are doing a deal on MA RXW12 at minute for £599. I think that's in all finishes except gloss Black or White.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts