which squeezebox should i get?

bobchiba

Mar 16, 2008
Visit site
I have had a squeezebox set up in the works for some time now. I have acquired an old (but i like it) arcam delta black box as an external dac and have been gradually building a decent libary of FLAC music. My question is what is the cheapest squeezebox (logitech or slim) that has wifi and ideally both types of digital output. I will be using that app (forgot the name) for ipods that will act as my remote, so probably not going to be considering the duet setup. i just need the most affordable streamer.

any ideas guys?

(my setup - Creek 4330/Rega Plnr3/Arcam Delta BBDAC1/Mission 702e)

mattjax05

Oct 5, 2007
Visit site
I agree with Nads, I have the duet without the controller and it was a real pain to set up - probably because I didn't realise I couldn't set it up without the controller so it was a bit of a shock. If you go down this route I can point you towards the set-up instructions. I'm considering selling my box in favour of the SB3. In fact I'm just about to write another post on the subject.

bobchiba

Mar 16, 2008
Visit site
Ok so SB3 is my best bet, out of interest how good is the iPeng app, I've heard generally positive things in the past. Will it give me good functionality for internat radio modes etc. Also what wirless modes does the SB3 support, does it do A, as id like to have the SB3 on it own frequency so to speak. I presume Flac is still fine flying around on wifi as opposed to wired.

A

Anonymous

I have SB3, a Duet/receiver, and a Touch on my network. The SB3 is brilliant. The Duet good when it's good, but when it's bad...it's a flaky dog. I use an itouch/ipeng which is far better imho.

The Touch is fantastic and would be my recommendation. Better sounding DAC than Duet/SB3 too. Money well spent and all major file types are supported.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts