Which speakers ?

robertw

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
I have a room 9ft x 11ft in which I use a system comprising of a Yamaha AS500 amp , a Marantz CD6004 cd palyer and Wharfedale diamond 9.1 speakers . Can anyone advise me with regards to the speakers ? are there better ones to use ? should I use floorstanding speakers etc ?

Thanks.

A

Anonymous

I think if you provide your set of budget and your type of music preferred? What do you think lack now and what would you like to have with the upgrade. It will be easier to comment.

robertw

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for that. My budget is £600 and I listen to rock, americana etc. I fell I am missing some depth at the momment. In another room I have a pair of 28 year old floorstanding Mission speakers and they still sound great ! and out perform the Wharfedales.

robertw said:
I have a room 9ft x 11ft in which I use a system comprising of a Yamaha AS500 amp , a Marantz CD6004 cd palyer and Wharfedale diamond 9.1 speakers . Can anyone advise me with regards to the speakers ? are there better ones to use ? should I use floorstanding speakers etc ?

Thanks.

Wharfedale 10.1 or Epos M12i. Both are standmounted.

[Edit] Just seen these: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PMC-DB1i-speakers-Immaculate-condition-Walnut-Professional-Monitor-Company-/300692087396?_trksid=m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D3%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D7766033351720121133

gangus

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I have the same size room as you, and currently deciding between Monitor Audio RX1's or Dynaudio's DM 2/6, which I recently demo'd along with a few others (CM1's, KEFQ300, BW685).

IMO the Dynaudio's stand out, but I'm unsure whether my Marantz PM6003 will get the best out of them, so I may opt for the RX1's which also sound pretty fine.

Your Yamaha should drive the Dynaudio's no problem. I would strongly recomend you have a listen.

WishTree

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Floor standing is the way to go. You can get the Tannoy DC6T (non signature version) for 599 from Richer Sounds. I have tried many speakers before like the entire B&W 6xx series as well as CM seris, Dynaudio excite x32 and 36, Contour S1.4 as well as Proac D2. Tannoy's prooved to be the best bang for buck. The top end is a little bit in the face on some tracks but this is way less than CM7 or CM9. Try an audition.

Blackdawn

May 7, 2010
Visit site
As you like your Missions, maybe floorstanders are more for your taste and room. What about the Q Acoustics 2050i? If your going for the Dynaudio's then the DM2/7 seems a good choice over the 2/6 and are £600, so in budget.

matthewpiano

I've only heard the V4s briefly but thought they sounded very good. I hear the V1s very regularly and I think they are brilliant speakers with a very balanced sonic signature that the floorstanders seemed to share.

The other floorstanders I would recommend auditioning are the Dali Zensor 5s. The Zensor range is most impressive and brilliant value for money.

TRENDING THREADS