Which speakers should I choose for my NAIM XS??

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi everybody!

Recently I have become a proud owner of NAIM XS amp and all I can say is GREAT GREAT GREAT!

I have bought Pro Ac Studio 110 and they really sound great eather. And I think the whole system will sound even better after the run in period. And the weakest point is my prehistoric CD player, 200eur Technics. Will probably go for NAIM 5x at the end of the year.

What do you sugest about my current speakers? Should I change them. And I think that a nice pair of floor standing speakers will suit just fine because I simply adore powerfull bass! That is probably the only reason for changing Pro Ac even though I do think that they are marvelous, sound is very rich, detailed, nice controlled. Plus, the room I keep my new "pet" is pritty big.

Any suggestions? Not only concerning speakers, but the whole system, CD player...

I use naim speaker cables, btw.

THANKS!!

A

Anonymous

The ProAc 110 work very finely with Naim electronics, I heard them running off the 5i a while ago. Floor stander wise look at the Neat Motive 1 + 2 and Naim Ariva (watch out on ebay). Other speakers work well like the Totems and PMC GB1i but maybe won't have the bass extension you are looking for. Worth a try though.

AEJim

Nov 17, 2008
Visit site
Well I'm going to go out on a limb here and recommend trying a set of our (Acoustic Energy) Radiance 3's - £1500.

I know I'm the manufacturer and all that but I think these provide as much power and (controlled) powerful bass as I've heard at the price! They are forward and detailed sounding rather than "soft 'n fuzzy" and were designed on the end of a Supernait amp, in-fact about 90% of our newly signed-up dealers are Naim dealers so that says something about how well the combination works.

I always try to be unbiased and will heartily recommend competitors products if I think they suit the application better than ours would! (I have to believe in the product and be happy to use it at home - hence I would never recommend one of our old Aesprit series!) The fact that the Naim guys heard the Radiance 3's at CES this year and were very excited about us using them on their gear at the Bristol show says a lot in my opinion. (was unfortunate that someone decided to vandalise one of the tweeters while they were on static display so no-one actually got to hear the combo at Bristol!!)

Cheers,

ÿ

Jim.ÿ

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Hi

We usually use Proac, Spendor, PMC, ATC, Dali, and KEF on our Naim setups. The floorstanding PMC's usually suit larger rooms, but as yours is bigger you should be fine. Obviously there are models from Proac which will give you more of what you already have. Spendors tend to suit those that like a smoother, easier going sound.

Usually, those that go for Naim amplification are quite likely to go for a Naim CD player too. A CD5x would be highly recommended for that system.

A

Anonymous

Great!! Thanks a LOT!! My next turn will probably be CD5x and speakers will probably wait for a while. Anyway it's never too early to start looking for useful tips about good speakers.

A

Anonymous

I would demo the Spendor A5 & A6 with your amp - I went for the A6 and they are incredible.

A

Anonymous

Thanks! That sounds great eather! Just saw the review for them. I was also thinking about ProAcs, maybe Studio 140 or Response D18. The last one is a bit expensive... but I think is a nice long term investment.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts