Which speakers for rotel ra12?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello,

I bought recently the rotel amp but I m not totally satisfied. I use a cd marantz 6004 (coaxial )and an old pair of B&W, which i want to chance. As it is difficult in Portugal to see different stuff in the same shop I ask you some advice about those ones:

kef ls50

bw

q acoustic concept 20

Grateful

A

Anonymous

Joaomfgf said:
Hello,

I bought recently the rotel amp but I m not totally satisfied. I use a cd marantz 6004 (coaxial )and an old pair of B&W, which i want to chance. As it is difficult in Portugal to see different stuff in the same shop I ask you some advice about those ones:

kef ls50

bw cm1

q acoustic concept 20

Grateful

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Hi Joao

B&W and Rotel usually work together fine, so I'm presuming you have spent a bit of time experimenting to make sure you are currently getting the bets out of what you have.

Any of the models you have mentioned should work fine, as the RA12 is plenty powerful enough for them. I find Rotel's amplification fairly neutral, so it won't exert too much of its character on the speakers, so what you end up with will be more of the speaker's characteristics. Based on this, only you can choose which combination you like the sound of. I find the Concept 20s to sound a little similar to the LS50s, a sort of 'budget' version so to speak. Another speaker that is along the same lines is the Monitor Audio Silver 1s, which is also worth looking at if you have access to them (or even the larger Silver 20s).

Joaomfgf said:
Hello,

kef ls50

bw

q acoustic concept 20

Grateful

Hi Joao

In what way are you not totally satisfied with the performance of your system?

What amplifier were you using?

B&W speakers are?

In the meantime ATC's curved SCM7 monitors and Focal JM Lab Aria 906 speakers are also worth bearing in mind.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Joaomfgf

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
Hello Rick, I was using an AV from rotel (RSX 1055) , with B&W CDm 1 nt. I suppose they need a stronger amp than my rotel ra12, which I think could shine on cheaper speakers.

I think that ATC isn't on sale in Portugal.

thanks

wsalb

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Hello! I have a rotel PA12-play elak bs-184, I really like it, yet I advise to look at the jamo c803, focal chorus 807, dynaudio dm2 / 7

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts