Which Speakers, cd player and amp. for rock?

peterpan

Oct 21, 2008
Visit site
I'm most listening to rock, not the best cd's. With which speakers, cdp and amp. can you good listen to rock cd's? I like a warmer sound without sharpness.

T

the record spot

Not sure of budget, but Q Acoustics 1050i will fit the bill nicely. £350, floorstander, 4 star review in WHF, Speaker of the Year in Hi Fi World. Has to be worth a look; apparently has a big, analogue like sound, rich and lush but good and dynamic at the same time. A fun speaker by all accounts!

peterpan:I'm most listening to rock, not the best cd's. With which speakers, cdp and amp. can you good listen to rock cd's? I like a warmer sound without sharpness.

What is your budget? Nad amps are good for rock, likewise Marantz. Both these amps have fine CD players. if you can extend your budget look at something like Exposure amp/CD combo.

T

the record spot

Or get a used Exposure 2010 (not the later 'S' model - apprently a belter of player and a party animal to boot)!

peterpan:

My budget is above NAD and Marantz 7003. Is the current Exposure not good enough?

And is KEF XQ 40 too bright for rock?

The current Exposure 2010s Cd player is my favourite sub-£1,000 player (Haven't heard all sub-grand ones). I haven't heard the amp but, according to WHFI tests done a few years ago, it's a cracker for rock (and fun).

Regarding your speakers, again, I haven't heard them, but my RS6's are good with Exposure, and many would say my speakers are bright, too.

A

Anonymous

Roksan CDP and amp (Caspian?) and a pair of Neat motive speakers to taste.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts