Which Soundbar shall i go for?????

Mickgw

Feb 26, 2008
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I've finally decided to go for a soundbar due to not wanting cables all over the place.

Shall i go for, the Yamaha YSP2200 which has won awards this year and last, or should i wait for a review of the new B&W Panorama 2 and Yamaha YSP 4300?

WHF it would be a help if you could give me an idea on when they will be reviewed

Thanks

Mike

jabirugpa

Sep 14, 2007
Visit site
Chewy is right, Mick, if you can get an audition you can make your own mind up if a soundbar suits your expectations.

I've had my YSP2200 for a few months now and to me it's been a bit of a disappointment - I've been unable to get anything approaching proper surround sound although I've tried numerous auto and manual setups. Don't get me wrong - the YSP2200 makes a very pleasant sound. I would say it resembles a 'wide' 3.1 system with a so-so sub but I've never heard any rear effects at all, even from the demo disc which Yamaha supply. (It may well be that my small room is not suitable. It is 13x12 but with heavy curtains down one wall and a big soft chunk of furniture facing the TV.)

One annoying feature is that the sound bar itself has a gloss finish and, as it is located under the TV, there are lots of light reflections from the TV in the top of the sound bar.

Having said all that, as I said it, is a very decent sound and in my case it's good enough for what I want. Whether it's worth more than £700 I leave you to judge.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts