Which set up would be the best?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello to all you fellow enthusiasts, can anyone help me to decide?.

Over the last couple of years i have been dedicated to upgrading my hi-fi. This has caused me to miss the fact that the same needs to be done for my 'HOME CINEMA SYSTEM' (shame on me).

I decided to make a start with the tv, i am eagerly awaiting for delivery of my PIONEER PDP-LX5090.

My only problem is that i can't decide on the receiver & blu ray player. I have a budget of around £3500 & it's between the pioneer set up- SC LX81 & BDP-LX91 or the sony set up- STR-DA5400ES & BDP-S5000ES. The speakers either the Kef KHT3005SE or the Monitor Audio R90HD10.

Can somebody put me out of my misery.

Cheers, Shaun.

dangalf

Nov 14, 2007
Visit site
Hi Shaun

If I had that sort of budget I would personally wait a month for the WHF awards issue to come out and then demo the 2/3 on my shortlist. if i had to make a choice between those listed above I'd go with the sonys - they're both class leaders individually and are meant to be awesome together

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
the 2009/10 Denon range is getting good feedback on here. The AVR-3310 is around the same price as the Sony, and due out any day now. You may also want to consider the soon-to-be-released/reviewed OPPO BDP-831. It's the spinner of choice for most deities. Apparently...! In any case, the best thing to do is spend a saturday demo-ing some set-ups; one man's pleasure is another man's poison...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts