Which replacement headphones should I get?

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

I'm looking to buy some new replacement headphones for my MP3 player and I was wondering how much should I spend? How much difference is there in sound quality between the cheap £20 Sennheiser's CX-300-II and the expensive £70 Beyerdynamic DTX 80 ?

I use a 16GB Creative ZEN Style 100 Mp3 player with good quality 320kb/sec MP3's.

A

Anonymous

What sort of music do you listen to?

Dont bother with the Senns

You could go a whole lot worse than the Etymotic HF5 if you ask me.

Highway

Oct 20, 2008
Visit site
bennyboy71:
Dont bother with the Senns

I have owned the Senns and thought they were ok.

I have two problems with them. the cable-to-ear length on one side is short and kept getting pulled out of my ear.

The other thing is the cable that meets the strain relief has broken and I have lost sound in one channel - now got to bin them.

So I am interested in what others suggest and have experienced.

A

Anonymous

If you want 'ok' sound, stick with those cheap Senns then.

If you want great sound, do some research and choose wisely. Check this thread out for a start:

LINK REMOVED - House Rules

rymidd

Feb 24, 2010
Visit site
i used to have some old sony mrd ed 21lp and love them for there sound an comfort. but ended up buying diffrent pairs costing up to 80 quid. but struggle to find ones that i like better than my sonys. most of the expensive ones were harsh sounding, maybe they were revealing the flaws in mp3. but i did find a pair i like alot better than my sonys is the bose in ear there are great being very easy on the ear.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts