which nad cd player and amp for br5s ??

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hi folks , im getting a cd player and stereo amp in the next few weeks , which along with a subwoofer , will complete my two fingers up to the recession home cinema , audio system ..

from reading other threads , and suggestions by many people , ive come to the conclusion that nad gear will best suit my speakers (which i think are great by the way) , so unless im strongly advised to try something else , nad it is ..

whfi have reviewed two nad cd players in my price range , the cd545bee and the cd515bee , both 5 star players , which is nice [:)]..

and two amps , the c326bee and the c355bee , the former a 5 star amp and the latter 4...

i was hoping to get some advice as to which amp to pair with which cd player , i would prefer to spend less , but i do want to make sure that i give the br5s worthy partners , ive spent far more than i envisaged already on all of this latest gear , so if i need to , ill push the boat out to complete what for me will be a very nice system..

any thoughts would be nice , or even suggestions other than nad ? thanks...

edit..i should add that im buying both at munstersounds , where i can also demo with br5s... max budget e700 , his prices are a little negotiable....

heres a current pic , both speakers are 6ft apart , and a couple of feet from the walls

DSC00152.jpg

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Both the NAD C355BEE and C326BEE amps will suit the M/A BR5's very well and will pair with the NAD C545BEE CDP.

If you're buying new then IMO the NAD C355BEE is the one to go for; it's a superb amp and it'll drive the M/A's very well indeed. It's also a step up for the C326BEE which means less upgrades in the future.

The C355BEE can be bought at Richer Sounds currently for £299 so bare that in mind!

If you fancy other amps then the Rotel RA04SE should be considered as should the Audiolab 8000S.

A

Anonymous

thanks guys , im glad you both endorse the nad gear , i have very little knowledge of hifi , demos are of course helpful , but with my untrained ear i could still make the wrong choice , also , the nads seem very reasonably priced for what they apparently offer , i have seen the richer sounds price dan
emotion-21.gif
, and it looks good , however jack from munstersounds has cut me some good deals so far , and seems the kind of guy that would look after me if something went wrong , so ill stick with him , and keep my business local..

he doesnt have the rotel or audiolab , so theyre out of the equation , ill see what he can do for me as regards price on the different nad options , im happy enough now that any combination will suffice , so is it correct to assume the various marantz products may not suit the br5s as well ?? thanks guys
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

yes that makes sense mathew , ill ask him to rig up a few different options , ill maybe go early on a quiet day , will probably get the nads , but as you say , ill know for sure if they sound right for me .. cheers
emotion-21.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts