Which mains cable with which component?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Pioneer plasma with Clearer Audio Copper Line mains cable.

Pioneer LX-91 Blu Ray Player.

I changed the mains cable on the plasma screen and, after some running in, felt that the Clearer Audio cable provided a cleaner more stable picture than before. I've got my hands on a (supposedly superior) Chord Company Superscreen mains cable and wonder if it would make a noticeable difference to the plasma picture. Alternatively, would changing the LX-91 mains cable bring any noticeable improvement to that machine and if so, which cable with which component?

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
In my experience padutarb plasmas dont really benefit from more expensive mains cables (my panny doesnt anyway) im currently using a RA yello cable in my plasma however, i then tried the step up cable from RA the "CLASSIC" powerkord to my plasma & i didnt notice any difference in PQ at all and there was around a £70 difference in price between the two cables.

Id certainly use the best youve got in your bluray player however, id highly recommend you use a higher end powerkord with your amp/reciever etc as to me this gives out the best results, the difference it made to my amp was night & day, truly astonishing noticable results. Miss at your peril....

A

Anonymous

Get the best you can afford for your amp and your blu-ray player.

I think copper-line alphas are great for the pioneer media box & the plasma itself

A

Anonymous

I'm a bit confuddled here ..... it reads as if you have got the cables there with you ??!!

In which case isn't it best just to simply do it, try them on each component, then you can tell us which is better ......

or did I mis-understand your posting!?!?!?!?

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the advice Jase. I'll try the Chord cable ,when it arrives, with the blu-ray player. This morning I ordered a Russ Andrews figure of 8 mains cable for my Pioneer LX-01 home cinema system. I've used the system a lot over the last two years so should hear if there's a noticeable difference with it. There's a 60 day trial period if I'm not impressed... One further bit of advice please... Should I swap the 13a fuse that comes with the RA lead with the 5a fuse in my existing lead?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts