Which is the weak link?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hopefully this will get answered here. I am looking to find the weak link of my system which comprises of the following;

Pioner PDP4280XD Plasma

Pioneer VSX D2011 Receiver

Pioneer 757Ai DVD Player (CD duties too)

Mountain Snow Component cables

Quad 22L2 Front

Quad L Centre

Quad 11L Rear

QED Silver sprkr cable to all front

QED Flat spkr cable to rear

Movie soundtracks sound good to me - fast and accurate, although the centre can sometimes sound like it has a little too much mid-range, e.g. Charlton Hestons voice doesn't sound quite as deep as you think it should.

Music can sound a little 'forward' in the mid-range and sometimes a little 'busy' on guitar based stuff like Snow Patrol, although I am unsure as to if this is down to production rather than system.

I am unsure if putting in a good CD player (Cyrus/Arcam) would be wasted, given the receiver. Or is it down to cables? Not sure where I can go next but I am sure something is holding back the potential of the system.

Any comments?

A

Anonymous

off thread, but are you based in nottingham? I'm sure there was a club night at the rescue rooms 4-5 years ago with the same name/logo as your avatar. Not sure if it still exists

A

Anonymous

fast_eddie

Phew, that was close. I thought you had dug up part of my past. Nope, I am not from Nottingham and haven't done club nights in Nottingham. I have done them elsewhere, but that was a long time ago.

I just love the logo, it seems to sum up a whole era...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts