Which is better Audiolab 8000Q Vs Rotel RC-06!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hey everyone

Would very much like to hear opinions on which of these two pre amp's would sounds best in my setup.

'Audiolab 8000Q Vs Rotel RC-06'

I am presently using an Arcam A70 Integrated Amp as the Pre amp in my system which is listed below in the signature.

I would feel it would be much more advantageous for me to be using a Dedicated Pre Amp!

Thanks in advance, all comments are appreciated :)

A

Anonymous

I used to have a Rotel RA03, the integrated amp replaced by the identical RA06 (apart from a new case and 3.5mm jack input on the front for iPods). The preamp stage in this family of amps has always been considered as the weak spot, with some describing it as causing some midrange veiling. I used the RA03 as a pre for a while and replaced it with an AVI pre making the midrange less muddy.

The upshot of it is that I suspect you'd be better off with the Audiolab. You could always have a look on ebay for a used AVI S2000MP pre, a star of a pre!

A

Anonymous

Hi

Thanks for the advice

Hmm i might wait until the AVI comes on eBay, cause i really like the sound of it and AVI kit seems to be well reviewed.

Im not 100% happy with the build quality on Audiolab equipment. AVI looks top notch in that respect!

Regards :)

A

Anonymous

Yeah, it's the usual case of do I buy a new low-end pre or a used high-end pre. I stumbled upon the AVI very randomly and gave it a spin. It was soon paid for and given a warm home
emotion-1.gif
The only negative is that they were made before the new EU legislation about lead in components so repair upon failure is by no means guaranteed. Don't pay any more than £250 for one unless it has the phono pre in it, which is very good apparently. I paid £150 for an older one with some paint missing from the case.

A

Anonymous

Thanks

Excellent Advice!

I think im gonna hold out for the AVI

:)

A

Anonymous

Hi

Not particularly

1) want to bi-amp without using quad link as ive heard its not very good also i love upgrading with lots of boxes ehhehe.

2) never thought it would be a massive issue, but i just cant get on with the poor ergonomics, buttons display etc.

Regards

:)

A

Anonymous

I've never experienced poor build quality with audiolabs!

Their styling might not be for everyone, but it's just a no frills & pointless features money goes into the sound sort of case design. Very solid construction and their power amps are damn heavy.

a.g.

May 30, 2008
Visit site
I have a Chinese built 8000S and the build quality of the volume control and speaker terminals is pretty shoddy. Good amp, though.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts