Which is Best? Pana bd80 or Denon dbt-1800bd?

A

Anonymous

Do you mean which is better, since you're comparing two products and not three or more?

That would be the BD80 by a huge margin. IMO.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
ValianTX:
Do you mean which is better, since you're comparing two products and not three or more?

That would be the BD80 by a huge margin. IMO.

No real need to correct his grammar, his question was easy to understand.

I've not seen either BD player in action but I would be shocked/amazed/dumbstruck if there was a huge margin difference between them. A huge margin for me would be a clearly obvious difference in quality. I would be interested to hear anyone else who has demo'd both players, particularly one of the staff forum regs.

A

Anonymous

Peter - yes, it was reviewed by another magazine and it was less than complimentary.

Gerrard - You are in no position to tell me what I can and cannot do, so stay out of it.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
The fact that, despite repeated requests, a review sample of the Denon DVD-1800BD has not been forthcoming may possibly speak volumes.

At the pre-release briefing on the company's Blu-ray products, the Award-winning DVD-2500BT transport and superb 3800BD were lovingly showcased (quite rightly, too) and the 1800BD given a cursory mention. It was described as 'entry-level' and 'more like a Sony or Panasonic design'.

But then, as we know, Sony and Pana have made some great players! I'd still love to test the Denon - there are some corking offers around on it at the moment.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
ValianTX:
Peter - yes, it was reviewed by another magazine and it was less than complimentary.

Gerrard - You are in no position to tell me what I can and cannot do, so stay out of it.

I didn't tell you what you can and cannot do. I said there was no real need to comment on his grammar. If I was telling you, I would have said, "you cannot comment on his grammar". At the end of the day this is an AV/HiFi forum, not an English Language correction centre.

You telling me to stay out of it, kind of contradicts your original problem with me.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Now you've both had your say, can we park that particular discussion, please, and get back on topic. Play nice, everyone
emotion-2.gif

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Clare Newsome: The fact that, despite repeated requests, a review sample of the Denon DVD-1800BD has not been forthcoming may possibly speak volumes.
At the pre-release briefing on the company's Blu-ray products, the Award-winning DVD-2500BT transport and superb 3800BD were lovingly showcased (quite rightly, too) and the 1800BD given a cursory mention. It was described as 'entry-level' and 'more like a Sony or Panasonic design'.

But then, as we know, Sony and Pana have made some great players! I'd still love to test the Denon - there are some corking offers around on it at the moment.

Richer Sounds for one, I'm looking for a stop-gap BD player with multi-channel outs, does the 1800BD have them?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts