Which iPhone do I get and are they any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am thinking about getting the new Apple iPhone but should I get the 8 or 16gb model?

I am planning to use it mainly for texting, calls and music. I expect I will use the internet but expect it will add to my bill each month if I use that to much.

So is the iPhone as good as the reviews and everyone who has or wants one goes on about?

ukgthor

Sep 19, 2007
Visit site
The only difference between the 8Gb and 16Gb is the capacity. Therefore the question is how much music, photos, music do you want to hold ?.

I have an iPhone on a PAYG scheme and personally find it an excellent phone. I'm a mac user and it integrates seamlessly with my email, contacts, photos and bookmarks etc.

However this said, I would suggest holding off for a couple of months if you can, as there is quite a bit of speculation that there will be a next generation iPhone launched at the next Apple WWDC in June.

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
I have just got a 16gb one and it really is the Dogs! the only thing I don't like about it is that you cant use music files as a ringtone
emotion-6.gif

As for web-surfing on the iPhone if you are on a pay monthly tarrif your web useage is unlimited
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

D.J.KRIME:
I have just got a 16gb one and it really is the Dogs! the only thing I don't like about it is that you cant use music files as a ringtone
emotion-6.gif

As for web-surfing on the iPhone if you are on a pay monthly tarrif your web useage is unlimited
emotion-21.gif

Hi there DJ Krime! Been a long time! I thought that you could use tunes that you'd bought from iTunes and were DRM'd as ringtones. (Though I don't actually have any) I jHymn'd my Complete U2 a long time ago after buying it from the iTunes store so I don't think they'll count.

progwardy

Jan 7, 2009
Visit site
Hi, I have a 16gb - Great phone and if you're on contract all surfing is included, so a cost effective way to listen to streaming music by using your home wireless network and plugging into an amp.

You can use your own tunes for ringtones (I've got everything from the Goons - Ying Tong - to Genesis 'Watcher of the Skies' to Widor's Toccata!). I googled it and sorted it - you cut a 30/40 section from a track (in mp3), change the filename and import as ringtone into iTunes; but I can't remember EXACTLY how to do it (sorry) although I think I used this to help...!

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
Will Harris:D.J.KRIME:

emotion-6.gif

emotion-21.gif

Hi there DJ Krime! Been a long time! I thought that you could use tunes that you'd bought from iTunes and were DRM'd as ringtones. (Though I don't actually have any) I jHymn'd my Complete U2 a long time ago after buying it from the iTunes store so I don't think they'll count.

Been a long time Will
emotion-11.gif

A

Anonymous

Indeed it has. As evidenced by the fact that you've shot off ahead in the posting stakes! Such a shame to let work get in the way of a good hobby! Hope all's well mate! One day, they'll put a PM system into this forum and we'll actually have a way to communicate behind the scenes and meet and check out each others kit. Until then . . . . . .

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
Will Harris:One day, they'll put a PM system into this forum and we'll actually have a way to communicate behind the scenes and meet and check out each others kit. Until then . . . . . .

That would be a good idea
emotion-55.gif

A

Anonymous

D.J.KRIME:
Will Harris:One day, they'll put a PM system into this forum and we'll actually have a way to communicate behind the scenes and meet and check out each others kit. Until then . . . . . .

That would be a good idea
emotion-55.gif

So why don't you do it What Hi-Fi? Private Messaging system? Andrew? Not a can of worms I hope!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts