Which HDMI Cable - DVD to LCD

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

After being so helpful with TVs I thought I'd come back for your wise advise...

I have just had a Samsung LE46F86BDX 1080p delivered and a Samsung 1080p7 upscaling DVD player, I want to be able to connect them using HDMI cable.

What would you recommend not wanting to spend £50 on a cable if I can help it... But also wanting the best picture I can... :)

Thanks

Simon

nads

the most important thing with HDMI cables is to get one that is correct for your conections.

IE. the correct standard. 1,3a etc....
i have 3 HDMI cables a freebie that cam with the HDDVD, and 2 others that cost between 30 and 50 pounds, all work and seem to do the same job. Talk to any DiGi electrcal designer and they will say as long as it is made to standard it will do the job 100% as all it is doing is sending 1's and 0's and the cable will respond acordingly. Either it will work or it will not.

nads

[quote user="Clare Newsome"]
Or you could subscribe here to the magazine and get a free Award-winning Chord HDMI 1.3a cable, worth £83! A a bargain for £21.95....

[/quote] Is this UK subs only? or does it cover Europe (Sweden in particular)?

A

Anonymous

Just bought Samsung LE32R87BDX and will soon be buying the Samsung DVD-HD870, as I've heard bad things about the 1080P7, to go with it. Will this free HDMI cable work well with these two?

Whilst on the subject, I'm running Virgin through standard Samsung box (SMT-2110C) with a cheap Scart. Thinking about buying QED sqart P2110 to connect - is this the best (or only way) to connect Virgin box? Might get Sky + soon, does this alter things?

Cheers

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Tory Boy"]
Just bought Samsung LE32R87BDX and will soon be buying the Samsung DVD-HD870, as I've heard bad things about the 1080P7, to go with it. Will this free HDMI cable work well with these two?

Whilst on the subject, I'm running Virgin through standard Samsung box (SMT-2110C) with a cheap Scart. Thinking about buying QED sqart P2110 to connect - is this the best (or only way) to connect Virgin box? Might get Sky + soon, does this alter things?

Cheers

[/quote]

Yes the cable will work fine between those two.

And yes the Scart is the best/only way to connect the Samsung Virgin box. Same applies to Sky+.

A

Anonymous

Many thanks Andrew.

Is the QED still the best scart to get for around £30?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts