which DVD player ?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
currently looking to upgrade my dvd player. As I see it I have two options

Buy an HD DVD Player : Amazon are selling the HD-E1 by toshiba for 200 quid, or the XE1 for 440 quid ? Is there much difference between these machines ?

Buy an upscaling DVD player : I can get the toshiba SD370 for 50 quid.

I am tempted to go cheap at the moment until we get a clear winner in the format war, although the 200 quid option seems like a reasonable compromise

It will be used on a Toshiba 32wl56P which is a couple of years old, but I have no plans to change that for the forseeable future...

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
If I were in your shoes, Lazaroonie, I'd follow your plan B, and bank the extra dosh toward a better player if/when the format thing is settled. Especially so given the TV you're using, and the fact that prices of hi def players are heading unstoppably downwards.

Sitting tight would seem to make a lot of sense, and the SD370 is a bargain at that price.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, makes it 1000 posts!

A

Anonymous

Andrew,

when you say "given the TV you are using" does that mean I am not really going to see a huge benefit in going for an HD player ?

I will be upgrading to skyHD next week, and at the time my TV was a "5 star winner", so it cant be that bad :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts