Which Denon AV amp ???

umbucker

Feb 20, 2008
Visit site
Which is the lowest Denon AV Amp I shouuld buy to get the most out of my Tannoy Siganture Revolution DC6T, DC4C,DC$ (Rears) 50% music in Sterreo and 50% Movies/TV

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
I'd definitely recommend a 2311 as a minimum over a 1911 for these speakers, but ideally the 3311 - the better you get, the better they'll sound. Don't get me wrong, a 1911 will run then, but they'll deserve better.

umbucker

Feb 20, 2008
Visit site
Thanks Frank

Do you know what the new range of Denon Amps are like in Sterreo mode - I currently have a Denon AVR2808 which sounds good in 5.1 / Surround but not so great in Sterreo for music, Also the higher you go in terms of the denon range is there just a power output increase or are all the components of a higher quality as well ?

Ronald Archiebald

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
umbucker:
Which is the lowest Denon AV Amp I shouuld buy to get the most out of my Tannoy Siganture Revolution DC6T, DC4C,DC$ (Rears) 50% music in Sterreo and 50% Movies/TV

If you were not concerned about 3D pass-through, then the Denon AVR-2310 or the 3310 would also be appropriate choices. These are available for very good prices now.

A

Anonymous

Ronald Archiebald:umbucker:

If you were not concerned about 3D pass-through, then the Denon AVR-2310 or the 3310 would also be appropriate choices. These are available for very good prices now.

emotion-21.gif

umbucker

Feb 20, 2008
Visit site
umbucker:

Thanks Frank

Do you know what the new range of Denon Amps are like in Sterreo mode - I currently have a Denon AVR2808 which sounds good in 5.1 / Surround but not so great in Sterreo for music, Also the higher you go in terms of the denon range is there just a power output increase or are all the components of a higher quality as well ?

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
umbucker:
Thanks Frank

More power, sometimes better processing, morein depth room EQ, more inputs, more zones, better remote, streaming and internet radio capabilities, etc etc. Differences vary between models, and sometimes these differences may be minimal, sometimes vast.

A

Anonymous

umbucker:
Thanks Frank

If you like the denon cinema sound, but not so much it's stereo playback, I suggest looking at one of the marantz receivers, something like the SR6005 can be had for a good price, they sound very similar to denon but are more musical.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts