Which dab radio

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have asked for a digital radio for my birthday buti don`t know which one to ask for as i`ve never had a digital radio before. Can you guy`s recommend one.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Do you want a portable/standalone radio or a hi-fi tuner you have to use with an amp and speakers?

If the former I'd go for just about anything from the Pure range, if the latter then a Denon TU-1800DAB would do the job for sensible money.

A

Anonymous

Can definitely agree with the Pure recommendation, we've got a Sonus 1S and a Evoke 2XT, both brilliant on DAB and FM. We also have a Ferguson which is poor.ÿ

A

Anonymous

I bought a Boston solo XT after the review in What Hi Fi, i have to say i think the sound quality and the reception is amazing! cool colours too i got a white unit and bought a pink grille!

A

Anonymous

Got two Pures (Evoke 2 and a One) and they are very good.

However the Teac Reference 300 receiver is even better - picks up more stations and sounds a lot better - obviously.

JamesOK

May 24, 2008
Visit site
I have a Pure Tempus in Bedroom, a Pure One in Kitchen and a Denon 1800 TU-1800DAB as part of my stereo. It really does depend on what you want to do with it, and what you want it to look like. I can thoroughly recommend the Pure brand, their radios are sturdily (is that how you spell it!?) built and the wooden ones really look the part too.

I also have a Pure handheld DAB too - just so you know what a fan of the Pure brand I am!

matthewpiano

Another Pure fan here. We wake up to the sound of a Pure Bug Too every morning and also have a Pure One. Far better sound than anyone has a right to expect from a little portable unit. In my hi-fi I have a Sony STS-D700 which is very good and now discontinued. Hunt about and you might find one going cheap.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts