Which CD Player to match with Onkyo 876 & Dali Ikon 6 (5.1) Setup

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Help,

I have invested in a new Onkyo 876 and Dali Ikon 6 home cinema setup and will be taking delivery this week, to finish off the system I need some recomendations for a decent CD player to complement the setup I own, now I know there is no substitute for a seperate stereo Amp but I havent the budget or space and would like to make the use of the Multi room function on the Onkyo.

I listen to a lot of Rock and the other half loves vocal house music and bass heavy trance.

Budet upto a grand your help and opinions would be most appreciated.

Steve

A

Anonymous

Well the obvious choices for the music are Cyrus 6SE and Naim CD5i for that money, but are a bit of a waste on a receiver.

You could pick up an old Roksan Kandy MkIII cheap if you shop around as the new range is out soon.

A

Anonymous

imo the onkyo(im assuming it sounds similar to the 875) paired with the dali's would be leaning towards the bright side as it is! you need something warmish like the kandy, i think the cyrus might make it all a bit fatiguing!

A

Anonymous

I have an Onkyo 875, Dali Ikon 5 surround, and a Cyrus CD8x.

I am very pleased with the result but will be upgrading to the new Cyrus8 SE.
Originally I was worried that it may be a tad bright but this was unfounded. It's great.
I too have decided not to go the seperate amp route. Even worse, I find listening to CDs in surround sound is a hedonistic pleasure (not for purists tho' eh?).

As for zone 2 applications it is not satisfactory. My zone 2 lags slightly behind the main kit. Consequently when in one room with the doors open there is a frustrating echo effect. Keeping the doors closed and the main volume down (bit sad tho') is the only way to eliminate echo effects if both zones are on the same source.

Unless someone knows any different?
If you find out how to get the sub functioning when in pure stereo mode let me know.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your replys and for putting my mind at rest, I will give the Onkyo a chance to shine, I can always purchase a dedicated Stereo Amp should it not impress.

Cheers

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts