Which budget integrated to rock expensive speakers?

jakja83

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
I am about to move in the near future and I have a pair of Kudos C2s that I want to be able to use, without spending a lot of money on amplification. I just sold a higher-end amp and I now wonder what integrated that can power my Kudos-speakers for the coming 6 months and make them sing well without being bright og harsh - musical is what I want? They aren`t power hungry, but very transparent.

I am thinking sub 500£, preferably sub 400£.

Cambridge 650? Nad 316BEE?

A

Anonymous

i know nothing, but im pretty sure a nad c355bee would drive them well, and its not at all bright afaik..cheap too, around £300 new..

Singslinger

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
The best budget amp I've heard recently is the NAD326BEE. I heard it driving a variety of speakers from Dali, Mission and Elac - all with no difficulty.

Scissor_digits

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Your thinking is sound.

As far as my ears are concerned my amp drives my speakers very nicely and I doubt there are any mainstream speakers out there it would have a problem with.

The 650A has been accused of being on the bright-side if not properly matched but I can happily listen to mine for hours without being fatigued. There seems to be just the right balance between separation and overall musicality without either losing out to the other. I listen to all sorts, from AC/DC to Nora Jones.

Of course there are much more capable amps out there but you did specify budget so I would say demo the 650A if you can. (downside of buying CA gear is that generally Richer Sounds don't have dedicated demo rooms)

TRENDING THREADS