Which Blu-Ray with multichannel output

roten

Dec 3, 2008
Visit site
I need advice on which blu-ray player to buy. My requirements are as follows:

- Multichannel output (see set-up in signature)

- Must be able to set delay for each speaker

- Must be able to set subwoofer crossover frequency

- No need for SACD or DVD Audio

- Will keep Arcam DVD, so no need for quality CD playback

- Budget of £500

Hopefully it will also fit into my rack (height of 10cm)

roten

Dec 3, 2008
Visit site
Nice player! Yes, have looked at the Oppo. Looks like a wonderful piece of kit. Same with the new Cambridge Audio out soon.

But was wondering if by buying the Oppo, I was paying for things like SACD and DVD-Audio functionality that I honestly don't need. Would I get an equally good, pure Blu-Ray machine for less if I buy a different player?ÿ

Would like to keep the Arcam for CD, SACD and possibly DVD duties

A

Anonymous

Roten,

I'd buy the Oppo and think the unthinkable. Consider selling the 139. You wouldn't need it anymore. The Oppo's that good in my view. Either way you can't lose.

A

Anonymous

The Oppo can't match the DV139 for CD Replay so it wouldn't be a total replacement. But it is a damn fine player. The King Kong of analogue output players is the £1,700 Pioneer BDP-LX91 but at almost three times the price of the Oppo the Oppo becomes kind of a no-brainer...

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
"Disparaging the boot is a bootable offence!"

simpsonsgood06.jpg

A

Anonymous

Has anyone compared the Oppo with analogue outs to the Denon 3800 BD? The price differential between the Denon and the Oppo isn't quite as severe as between the Pioneer LX91 and the Oppo.

roten

Dec 3, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for the advice everyone

I have decided to get a Panasonic DMP-BD55 (£180). This will (hopefully) convince me that blu ray is worth the upgrade. If it is a noticeably improvement, I might wait for Arcam to release their full featured player (if it is ever released). This will then be considered against the Oppo and other alternatives

Anyone got any news on the Arcam player(s)? Saw it at Bristol, but no updates since

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts