which blu ray player

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hi all,after a blu ray player but can`t decide on which one.will be using it with pioneer 428xd panel and a arcam350 amp,we be needing to send new hd sound over 6.1 analogue.can`t decide on sony 550,pioneer 51fd or the panasonic 55.would like your views on these players as all 5 star what hifi winners.thanks all in advance

A

Anonymous

the full on reviews of all the blu ray players is in the next issue on the 8th, but i reckon that after reading the reviews on line that the pioneer would be the one out of your short list.

A

Anonymous

I can only speak for what i have, the sony 550 is fine and a bargain price (look at WHF sale guide price)
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

Hi Moonie,

I've just bought the BDP-lx71 (along with PDP-5090 and SC-lx71), and my father-in-law the 51fd (played via Pioneer 436 panel). My brother-in-law has the Pana 35 (same as the 55, but without the analogue outputs and perhaps less impressive sound). They all produce superb results, but I think the 51fd would be by far your best option. It's basically the same as the lx-71, with just a lack of gold plating on its inputs and a slightly less good DAC. I think that's outweighed by the superb picture you will get from the 51fd, and the fact that your 428 and the 51fd will work extremely well together. Your 428 will accept a 1080p/24fps input from the 51fd, and display it at 72hz, plus your 51 has a preset setup specifically to enhance its playback on Pioneer plasmas. I've got no experience of the Sony 550, so couldn't comment on that. Good luck with whatever you choose.

Cheers

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
fordypaul:I can only speak for what i have, the sony 550 is fine and a bargain price (look at WHF sale guide price)
emotion-2.gif

Agreed, and also I think the easiest to get multi-region for DVD (as in, it doesn't seem to be any more expensive). Important obviously if you need to play old American DVDs.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts