Which Blu-ray player to go with: Q Acoustics 2000 Speakers, Onkyo TX-SR608 Amp?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello,

So after some research I think I am going to go with the Q Acoustics 2000 Series 5.1 Speakers and the Onkyo TX-SR608 amp for my new home cinema build.

Can anyone recommend a good Blu-ray player to go with this? Or recommend a different build?

Not very picky but I would like the option to play mkv files through the USB port and preferably have the USB port support NTFS hard disks so I don't have to convert the larger sized mkv files I have on my PC. Unless someone knows a good converter which doesn't jeopardize audio or video quality.

I was all set to buy the Cambridge Audio Azur 650BD Blu-ray player as I have heard some amazing reviews about it. However I read that it doesn't support NTFS hard disks and that 1 or 2 people have had problems playing mkv files (although this may be fixed in the latest firmware update).

Anyone have any suggestions or any advice?

Thanks!

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
I think you'll find very few (if any) Blu-ray players will support NTFS partitions (I don't know of any) - since it's a Microsoft technology, they'd have to license supporting it from Microsoft so most will just utilise FAT32 / Linux file systems as this is free so keeps their production costs down.

Also, the issue with support for MKV files is MKV is just a container - it's the codec used to make the video stream within that container (e.g. DivX or MPEG4) which is crucial to know for playback purposes.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts