Which amp - Cyrus or NAD

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello

Im a bit stuck between a rock & a hard place currently.

Ive settled with some B&W CM5 speakers which I think sound fantastic, music is still via apple TV2 and a basic Lindy DAC but I've got a Cyrus 8vs2 and NAD C352 integrated amp to choose between.

Both sound absolutely superb and this is my issue; I can't make a decision as which one to keep and which to sell.

The Cyrus wil fetch more money if I sell it as I got it for an excellent price whereas the NAD would only fetch half the Cyrus price, if that in my opinion even though they're both in immaculate condition.

Any thoughts?

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm not sure whether you own both and are looking to sell one, or whether you have the choice of which one to buy (and are wondering whether to get the one with the best resale).

The Nad and the Cyrus couldn't be more different, but if you have heard both at home and like them equally, sell/get the one that is more valuable.

A

Anonymous

Tough call, having owned a c352 and the older cyrus 8vs i know they are both top amps, the nad has a nice warm weighty sound that sounds so powerful, the cyrus is a faster and more dymanic sounding amp imo and would be better suited to the smooth laid back sound of your cm5, it's your decision but for me your 8vs2 is the clear choice.

lindsayt

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Easy decision. If they both sound equally good, sell the more valuable one, which is the Cyrus. And congratulate yourself on keeping the better value for money NAD. If you slightly prefer the sound of the Cyrus, keep that and sell the NAD as you deserve only the best sounding hi-fi.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts