which Amp and speaker cable with pioneer tv and B&W XT speakers.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
New setup consists of pioneer krp500a tv, B&W XT speakers XT8 (at front) XT2 (at rear) PV1 sub with CWM LCR7 (Center) that kept the wife happy.

I am thinking of purchasing QED XT400 speaker cable to go with this?

I will need a new Amp/Receiver to power the above, i dont think my trusty Sony STRDB-930 will be up for the job.

My questions are.

Qed XT400 cable , is this the right choice? there is that much out there the mind boggles.

Pioneer LX82 Receiver, Do i need to go to this level or will a cheaper model do the job.

Im sure some of you wil reccomend the Arcam AVR600 but I would like to stick to pioneer, unless of course you experts out there totally disagree.

Thanks in anticipation from your brandnew member.

D

Deleted member 2457

Hi For speaker cable I use QED silver anniversary.

Amplifier wise the pioneer sc-lx81 is a very clear amplifier but you would probably have to audition it with these speakers but saying definelely yes.

The yamaha rxv-3900 is very good with these speakers and a lot cheaper and you can get it in black.

A

Anonymous

Hi I see no problem with you using the LX-82 although it may be a little, how should I say, "cheap" compared to the speakers you are using.

With the speaker cable, as good as the QED XT400 is I'd be inclined to get the Genesis Revelation as this is a newer cable that essentially combines the good points of the XT400 and Genesis for a cheaper price.

There are also many other alternatives that may suit your speakers better, but, before that, do you plan to bi-wire your speakers?

Regards,
Beta4Me

A

Anonymous

I think the LX82 should be a great match for those gorgeous speakers. I certainly wouldn't go any cheaper. Its acknowledged the Arcam is an even better amp, especially with music (although currently suffering from a few firmware flaws), but it is about £2k more!

I think if you were to upgrade your amp that would be the one to go for. The next pioneer is the flagship LX90 which costs about £5k.

Oh and congratulations on finding a 500A. They are rarer than rocking horse ****

TKratz

Jun 13, 2008
Visit site
Well, can I throw in another suggestion: Yamaha DSP Z7.

During my recent testing this amp came out as the winner for my XT package (I have the XT4 fronts though). The RX-V3900 will surely do the job, but the Z7 will do it even better.

I haven't heard the Arcam, so I can't comment on that one.

As always you got to audit.

A

Anonymous

Hi - I have the LX71 with B&W XT2 x4 and XT Centre with Velodyne SPL1000 sub and love it - works well together.

Am using Silver Anniversary XT Speaker cable ........ and Chord Chameleon Silver Plus sub cable.

TKratz

Jun 13, 2008
Visit site
This shows exactly why you must audit!

I tried the B&W XT speakers with Pioneer LX71 and I really didn't like that combination. In my opinion there was a lack of control, especially in the bass.

TRENDING THREADS