Which 2020 LG OLED TV should you buy?

Andrew Links

Aug 20, 2020
Visit site
LG's top OLED TVs compete for your cash. Should you buy a 4K TV or an 8K TV? And which offers the best bang for buck?

Which 2020 LG OLED TV should you buy? : Read more
Nice but but I have owned 55 " lg oled had tons of streaming issues till I switched to Sony 65" 900e then it worked except for ATMOS then now have TCL 615 75" and everything works plus Roku added to sony 900e and on 615 allows Atmos and easy setup. Why push people to oled when much better led TV's are there?

BAJA Geazer

Aug 20, 2020
Visit site
As a retired lifelong audiophile and videophile with over 30 years in the Consumer Electronics field as a salesman and executive, there is no question OLED is currently the State Of The Art in consumer video display technology, albeit, at a premium. No LCD (misnamed LED) TV can come close in color, sharpness, contrast or black level. The only area LCD is currently superior is brightness, if you wish to watch in the daytime or a lit room.
As to 4K or 8K? That depends on screen size and viewing distance. The closer you sit, and the larger the screen, the more likely your eyes could perceive the difference. In general, you should sit 1.5 times your diagonal screen size back. Most people sit about nine to ten feet back from their screen so should have a 65 to 75” screen. At that, I doubt anyone could tell the difference between 4K and 8K. A larger screen or closer viewing distance, you may want to consider 8K over 4K. But even with LG’s giant 88” screen, if you're sitting 12 or more feet back, I doubt you’ll see any benefit in 8K resolution.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts