WHF review of Rega DAC

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all

Just wondering if WHF has already reviewed the rega dac in their mag yet(i dont live in the uk so cant buy the mag) or do you have an idea of when you will be reviewing it as im eager to see what you guys think.

Cheers

Jez

A

Anonymous

Hi Clare thanks for that as I am sure a lot of people are eager to see your verdict on the Rega.

I just wanted know if you thought the Rega might be overkill in my system and I should therefore really be looking at the rDAC, Beresford Caiman or the DacMagic? My set up is Mac Mini (the one just before the new one), Marantz PM6003, Monitor Audio BX2's and QED Silver Anniversary cables and Milty plugs. If it is overkill (as in my system wouldnt get the best out of the DAC so theres no point) which one would suit the system better when looking for a big sound stage as I listen to a lot of dance so big sound is the aim. I have also been speaking to someone about the Emotiva Dac who says it does rival the Rega, not sure how true this is!

A

Anonymous

im buying a rega dac in 2 months and my system is not far off yours + all i listen to is dance music. Personally i dont think its overkill at all.

A

Anonymous

Brilliant Jez, would be great if you could post something once you have it in place as far as your opinion. I assume up to now though your beresford has been serving you well, just you want to improve again by getting the Rega? All I have heard is great things about the Rega DAC

Pab

A

Anonymous

Benvos said:
Brilliant Jez, would be great if you could post something once you have it in place as far as your opinion. I assume up to now though your beresford has been serving you well, just you want to improve again by getting the Rega? All I have heard is great things about the Rega DAC Pab

yeh, im looking to improve the sound quality, dont get me wrong the beresford is a great dac but i want to upgrade it and the rega dac seems a big upgrade rather then just going for something like an Rdac. Everyone raves about the rega dac so cant wait to get my hands on one

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts