Where to go in Bristol? (& surrounding)

Paul.

Seven oaks sav is across the road from richer sounds on whiteladies road. You also have seven oaks sister store Audio T on park street, and Paul Roberts (which is a bit more AV orientated) on Gloucester road.

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
Good luck with the parking on Whiteladies Rd if you go to Richer and SSAV. It can be a bit of a mare. Tip - there is a multi story above Clifton Down shopping centre. Only a couple of mins walk to the Hifi shops. I've always found the service in the SSAV store to be a lot more attentive than Richer. If you are after a demo then I would certainly use the ssav shop. If you are considering Bose then you need to be at Paul Roberts.

Rich

A

Anonymous

I have nothing but praise for AV Bristol. A family run business who do very good deals depending on what your after. I highly recommend them. Speak to Jake in sales, top bloke.

A

Anonymous

The_Lhc said:
Diamond Joe said:
If you don't mind a quick drive down the A4

Huh?

Im in keynsham, its like 20min down the A4 (the road that runs between bath and bristol, from Hicksgate round about to the Globe Inn roundabout).

Thanks for all the suggestions, Keep them coming!

It would be good to have a comprehensive list with good feedback on range, service and quality of both the goods sold and their knowledge!

Paul.

8009514 said:
Good luck with the parking on Whiteladies Rd if you go to Richer and SSAV. It can be a bit of a mare. Tip - there is a multi story above Clifton Down shopping centre. Only a couple of mins walk to the Hifi shops. I've always found the service in the SSAV store to be a lot more attentive than Richer. If you are after a demo then I would certainly use the ssav shop. If you are considering Bose then you need to be at Paul Roberts.

Rich

If you are just after sevenoaks, there is a small customer car park behind the store

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
sam90heywood said:
The_Lhc said:
Diamond Joe said:
If you don't mind a quick drive down the A4

Huh?

Im in keynsham, its like 20min down the A4 (the road that runs between bath and bristol, from Hicksgate round about to the Globe Inn roundabout).

YMMV has never been more appropriate here I guess, every time I've tried to get from Bristol to Bath it's been a piggin' nightmare...

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
There's also Best Buy (new store) and Currys/PC World Megastore over at Cribbs Causeway. Best Buy was very disappointing for HiFi when I popped in 2 weeks ago. A Marantz amp, Sonos, and some cheap and cheerful all in one type units. Currys/PC World is a lot better but carries nothing like range you'll find in SSAV / Richer etc. Good range of TVs in both stores though.
Rich

A

Anonymous

I would never buy audio Currys, unless I was looking to be ripped off...

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
8009514 said:
There's also Best Buy (new store) and Currys/PC World Megastore over at Cribbs Causeway. Best Buy was very disappointing for HiFi when I popped in 2 weeks ago.

Yeah I was expecting a lot more when I went in there, very disappointing, the Currys Megastore has got a much bigger range, so of it isn't priced too badly, apart from the those Q Acoustics floorstanders (even Best Buy wanted £500 for them!).

6th.replicant

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
+1 for Sevenoaks and Paul Green Hi-Fi (Bath) - great service, staff are helpful, know their stuff and are not pushy, also willing to price match.

IME, the RS staff are more courteous and helpful compared to their London and Kent counterparts, but still give the impression that they've spent more time being brainwashed in sales techniques than product knowledge, and are way too keen to push RS 'house' brands.

jerry klinger

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Ben in Sevenoaks Whiteladies Road has been very accommodating - demmed the Leema combo to me recently. Good staff but perhaps running low on stock due to financial constraints, so best to check on availablity. Whenever I go down there I park up near the Downs and hop on a bus or stroll down the hill.

A

Anonymous

+1 for Paul Green in Bath.

Book his auditioning room and its usually yours for the afternoon!

A

Anonymous

i've used SSAV and Audio T in Bristol; both were great. If you go to the latter speak to Stefan-especially if you're after anything to do with vinyl! The manager (Mancunian guy) was a massive help when i bought my CDP-they didn't have one in stock so he let me borrow the store's Apollo until a new one arrived from the factory in Essex.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts