Where is the new Rega Radio ?

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Rega's new box products now include a DAC, a CD player and an amplifier.

They have upgraded the TT-PSU, Fono MM and Rega Ear boxes to match. (New finish and new buttons etc.)

I'm wondering when Rega will bring out the matching 'Radio' tuner.

And will it have DAB and/or internet radio too?

The threat of FM switch-off seems to have receded for now (or put on the back-burner) and I have even seen 2020 proposed for FM switch off so FM only tuners seem 'safe' for now.

Have What Hi-fi? heard anything from Rega regarding a new tuner?

*This in no way, shape or form suggests I am thinking of upgrading to a Rega system ;-)

A

Anonymous

radio on its own would be a bit limited in todays climate..saying that if they could knock out something like this..

Musical-Fidelity_M1_Clic.jpg

they would be on to a winner!

well i would buy one..so thats 1 sold! :)

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Do i really need one...?

I' ve a squeezebox touch connected to the Rega DAC, with all the features that the SBT offers, but SBT do not have DAB, but with internet radio do i reallly need DAB as well...?

Just thinking...

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Hi-FiOutlaw said:
Do i really need one...?

I've a squeezebox touch connected to the Rega DAC, with all the features that the SBT offers, but SBT do not have DAB, but with internet radio do i reallly need DAB as well...?

I need FM because I listen radio about 6 hours a day on average (I work from home most days) and even more at weekends. I cannot imagine being totally reliant on the internet for radio even though our internet service is reliable. (Ok there is Freeview radio, but it's not quite the same and I only use it to record some radio programmes when I am out.)

But that's me. A lot of people see radio as the 'poor relation' of hi-fi whereas it is my prime source. (In all it's various forms whether via TuneIn Radio Pro + AirPlay + iPhone or FM or Freeview.)

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
chebby said:
Hi-FiOutlaw said:
Do i really need one...?

I've a squeezebox touch connected to the Rega DAC, with all the features that the SBT offers, but SBT do not have DAB, but with internet radio do i reallly need DAB as well...?

I need FM because I listen radio about 6 hours a day on average (I work from home most days) and even more at weekends. I cannot imagine being totally reliant on the internet for radio even though our internet service is reliable. (Ok there is Freeview radio, but it's not quite the same and I only use it to record some radio programmes when I am out.)

But that's me. A lot of people see radio as the 'poor relation' of hi-fi whereas it is my prime source. (In all it's various forms whether via TuneIn Radio Pro + AirPlay + iPhone or FM or Freeview.)

Ok Chebby, but all the radios that i listen in Portugal have a internet service, i guess british radios has as well internet service... From the first day that my SBT enter in my home i din't use the AV turner anymore. 8)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts