where do we go from nad? :)

link

Feb 13, 2009
Visit site
hi all, specially former nad amps owner, when you upgrade ur kits, which way you'd go and why?

im just thinking that when nad owners upgraded, they still went for that nad sound and wonders which brand they went to.

thanks.

ps.

sorry for my english

A

Anonymous

I thought, and this is just me, that NAD were warm and detailed and I loved that.... I think, with hindsight, where NAD was lacking was in strength and thickness of sound, i.e. it does a good job but when you hear other equipment you realise that it is more fully formed and better realised... I did not consciously leave NAD for that reason and I did not consciously upgrade to Arcam (i.e. it was not that I was dissatisfied with NAD and decided to go away from it and it was not that I auditioned loads of equipment and picked Arcam... I got some Arcam and it was pleasing, so I got more).... but that is what I did......

A

Anonymous

Quite honestly with my current setup which includes the NAD C352 which was after all given best amp under 500.00 by hi fi choice and what hi fi, I see no reason to change the amp. The next upgrade in my system will likely be the RS6 floorstanders because NAD amps and MA speakers seem to make a terrific combination.

A

Anonymous

bloatedgut:I thought, and this is just me, that NAD were warm and detailed and I loved that.... I think, with hindsight, where NAD was lacking was in strength and thickness of sound, i.e. it does a good job but when you hear other equipment you realise that it is more fully formed and better realised... I did not consciously leave NAD for that reason and I did not consciously upgrade to Arcam (i.e. it was not that I was dissatisfied with NAD and decided to go away from it and it was not that I auditioned loads of equipment and picked Arcam... I got some Arcam and it was pleasing, so I got more).... but that is what I did......

Yeah, I have to say that I was using entry level, secondhand NAD...... if you are a fan of NAD what is wrong with sticking to it and climbing the ladder?

A

Anonymous

i went from nad to naim or a few months then to moon.

If any of the shops round here had the masters series i'd probably have gone for that as i didn't want a change of sound.

Sadly they didnt so i couldnt hear it.

A

Anonymous

bloatedgut: Yeah, I have to say that I was using entry level, secondhand NAD...... if you are a fan of NAD what is wrong with sticking to it and climbing the ladder?

The only thing wrong with that is that the NAD ladder isnt very tall!
Hit £500 and its tends to run out. It cant really compete with Naim, Arcam, Cyrus in that sense - but then maybe its not even trying to!

nads

cheyworth:Nothing above £500?

I knew what that was going to be before i clicked on it.
emotion-2.gif

TRENDING THREADS